• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding girls

Flo

Alpha Buck
Have decided after a lot of thinking, that I am going to bond Chance, Flo and Holly.

I have bonded girl with boy and boy to boy, but I have never attempted to bond two girls. How do I go about it, and what signs should I look for? and do I bond Chance with one of them and then add the other or do I bond them and then add him?

Personality wise, Flo is typical dutch, very lively fiesty, Chance is a lazy dwarf lop, and Holly is somewhere in the middle (plus very spoilt!)

Any tips?

Yes, I'd say usual rules apply!
In my experience (which may well differ from other peoples) the does are the most territorial so I would be prepared for a lot of power struggles. Be particularly careful with everything being neutral if you can.
Personally I would put all thre in at the same time. If you put one in later then all the chasing and so on will just start up again so I don't feel there is much to gain from this. Again- others may disagree!
My personal preference is to do bonding in a run on grass. I feel the buns are less on edge there and have plenty of distractions. I would start early morning and then leave them out all day if poss (weather may not be helpful though :roll: ).

Chance was neutered 8 weeks ago, and he has become extra lazy..so two lovely girlies running around may get him shifting..bless him! Plus competition for Holly to eat her hay... :lol: :lol:

I was going to have them in the Kitchen together, see what happens, and then build up the time together..

Back