• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bedding

zoey-blogs

Warren Scout
i was wondering if any1 on here has the buns indoor and if they do wat do they put on bottom of ther cage.........would towels be ok

mine don't have anything except a thin layer of hay (which they have pulled from their hayracks lol) and just get annoyed at towels and dig them,. I don't see why you couldn't use towels as long as you wash tehm regularly!

x

Audrey has fleecy blankets, because she is a rex and prone to sore hocks...however other bunns Ive had have just had newspaper and hay.

If you want to use blankets, try primark as they are £3 each, but towels would be fine.

I have a dog crate with some newspaper and a litter tray with newspaper and hay in it and an old towel for vegging out on!
Towels are great for areas that are generally kept clean. Nice and comfy and just throw them inthe wash from time to time.

Polly and Sybil have newspaper in their dog cage, with their litter trays on part of it and vet bed covering the rest :)

thanks guys.......i was just curious cos wen hes not in his cage he lays on a pillow with a towel......i just thought that would be better than loadsa hay on bottom a cage cos im havin to hoover every day...this way i can just put hay in his rack rather than all over

my housebunny is litter trained so i use carpet for the bottom and a litter tray with shavings and hay on top and also hay in hay rack, still have to hoover up an awful lot though :lol:

Back