• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My garden of fun....

I did post these pics in the intro section but thought they'd be better placed in here :D
ok here we have caramel... shes so sweet, such a character!
animals005.jpg

Then here is her best buddie marmite - A little shy but a runs round like a nutter at feeding time - shes like a little dog lol
animals002.jpg

Also in their hutch/run are these two girlys -

Bubble
animals003.jpg

Squeak - Noisy girl!
animals004.jpg

In the boys hutch/run i have this little man - Hefner
animals008.jpg

I rescued Hefner from 'the pot' and he is the most lovely bun i have ever met :D

And his buddy is giggles - named giggles for the noises he makes!
animals007.jpg

Also in the garden of fun we have this couple - not everyones cup of tea but we love them
animals009.jpg

They're brother and sister ( dont worry he has been neutered!)

And my final pictures to share with you all is of the newest editions to our family....awwwwwww :D
Picture006.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture001.jpg

:lol: :lol: arent they just! Out of the 6 eggs 5 of them hatched :D

Ill take some more pics later as they have got cute little wing feathers now :love:

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww all the pics are lovely :love: do you live on a farm (or have you just created one of your own :D )

OMG CHICKENS!!!! I have a latent obsession with chickens - I was meant to live on a farm with 100 chickens (and buns of course lol)

They are beautiful and the ferrets (they are ferrets right?) are lovely - the only one I've met was a real sweetie - very friendly and wriggly...

Congrats on a wonderful menagerie you have there...
x

Awwwwwwwwwww the little chicks look so cute! :love: :love: :love:

* Note that is being said by someone who is bird phobic*! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

The garden has been created into a small farm / zoo lol we have the 3 buns and 3 pigs 2 ferrets who live in the garden with all the animals just in their own enclosure thingy (i will be building them a huge playhouse in the summer) They are sweethearts and they will lick you like a cat when their content - Im quite lucky that they seem to be vegetarian :lol: Thay arent bothered by the chickens or bunnies :D

We have got about 40 chickens at the moment all different sizes breeds and colours - my partner keeps large chickens purely for the egg production but mine are the cute pretty bantams

Heres my little saffy - Shes my baby (other than the buns that is :D)

saffy.jpg

She's lovely - spends most of her time in nextdoors garden - Or in the wrong shed hiding her eggs - But best of all she helps me clean out the buns,and any food that gets dropped she hoovers it up!

Yes they are used for 'rabbiting' when they are worked but these arent bothered by the buns or chicks and the buns or chick arent bothered by them.

These were rescued as little uns and have been handled all the time so theyre very placid and they dont eat meat at all (apart from the extracts that are in ferret food)

They do however deterr rats with their errr scent :lol:

scary, i like ferrets but id be scared keeping them and buns.

then again (thanks to this site) im scared to let my bun outside incase a red kite eats him

therez been rumours- there was a threas not long ago- just keep an eye out or erect a huuuuugggge net over your home and garden

Back