• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fuzzy Ferret Family (pic heavy)

julieszoo

Warren Scout
After seeing some lovely ferrets in the intros section, I thought I would post a few pics of mine and their ferret court here :)

Their home from the outside

DSC00185.jpg

And from the inside

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

Roobarb and Custard say hi

DSC00016.jpg

Dylan sleeps

DSC00013.jpg

Zebedee, Briana, and Custard

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

Lunchtime :)

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Hope you like them :)

Julie

Awwww i love them!! I always wanted the polecat ones they look so mischevious!

I rescued my albino's so its not as though i could have chosen them lol

I love the house they have i want to eventually build a big one for mine to play and climb and fight in. at the moment they are lodging in my broody hut (hope the chickens dont mind too much haha!)

One thing though, mine will not eat meat at all - not fresh meat anyway they will nibble on cat food and have a love for bakers complete but wont even sniff at a peice of steak :?

Yours look so happy :D

Aww ty :) I love all the colours, esp the mitts and the albinos. Mine are all rescues too. They do like mince and chicken wings, the bowl of lactol they are scoffing is a rare treat :) The bulk of their diet is complete ferret food.

Ferrets are quite mad, they have these bursts of energy when they race around like nutters, quite often hopping backwards (weasal war dance), and then crash out and sleep for hours!

Julie

oh wow wish i could have mine in something like that.
i gave mine a couple of chicks the other day and they loved them.

Thanks everyone :) I love it and so do my ferrets :) I got someone to build it for me, to make use of an existing concrete base and shed. The shed needed a new roof and floor, and the L shaped run made best use of space. I used tongue and groove for the outside of the run and 16g mesh. The shed is insulated with polystyrene and ply, and the lino has been fixed to 1ft up the walls for ease of cleaning.

I keep contemplating another nice concrete base in my garden, about 16ft x 12ft that is surrounded by iron railings, that was used as a dog run by the previous owners, and thinking pair of giant rabbits...... ;)

Julie

Your ferret court is fantastic. My best friend has 17 ferrets. 20 when my guys stay for their holidays there!!

My youngest ferret was on holiday since Tuesday, and when he came back Saturday he had a BIG shock. All three of my ferrets are now living in the court. I have to say i do prefer them together....i love the way they play together.

Back