• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i am in shock!! just found this ..... U/D called him bailey

willowflower

Warren Scout
photoalbum003.jpg

photoalbum002.jpg

ok let me explain was just on my way out and when i got to the front door there he is in a cardboard box no note or anything i'm speechless. he looks so much like my dallas it's scary so first i thought omg i didn't even know he was missing then when i look closer i realize he doesn't belong to me. so i'm like phew then it hits me someone has just dumped him on my doorstep.

what do i do? i've checked him over and he looks perfectly healthy he's clean good weight etc.
i wouldn't mind keeping him i mean i have the room but how do i know if this is some kind of joke or not?

I doubt it's a joke, sadly... when I was growing up my mum ran a small scale guinea rescue (just locally, it wasn't advertised or anything) and we always got animals dumped on our doorstep in the night. Guinea pigs, rabbits, hamsters, gerbils... you name it :(

He looks like a really sweetie, I'm glad he's safe with you :love:

might sound like a daft question but i would be ok to keep him then? i shouldn't report him to anyone etc i mean this is all new to me it's never happened before.

Um, I honestly don't know :oops: I was only about 10-11 when my mum had lots of pigs and I don't remember. I'll give my mum a ring and ask her what she used to do! :lol:

Hi, he's a cutie. I'm sure something like this has happened to someone else on the forum recently and the advice was to report it to the police just to cover yourself but explain you are happy to keep him. The chances are if he's been dumped on you that know one will but atleast you've covered yourself. x

What a sweetie :love: and how :censored: awful that someone can just dump him as I'm pretty sure that's what has happened. I've heard before that once people know you have rabbits/guineapigs you become a place to offload their unwanted pets :evil:

I'd report it to the police to cover yourself and give him a good home, he's lucky he was dumped on you and not turned out in the garden or park or something

Aww who would honestly do that, and such a handsome piggy too. When I was younger we used to have all sorts arrive on our doorstep-one time a whole rabbit hutch was just chucked over the wall of one of our fields complete with food, dish, hayrack and water bottle. The cage had poo in it but the door was wide open and there was no sign of the bunny :cry:

I'm glad he's found a good home with you, he really is gorgeous!

Aww he's so lovely!Wouldn't mind him myself for my two girlies! :oops: :D :lol: :wink: .

Have you taken him to the vets? It may be best to check him over and see if they recognise him from previous checks.Oh sorry that doesn't help at all... :oops: :roll:

Hope he has a lovely home with you!

Amy
xxxx :D

He's gorgeous, but good point about the vets these people should be reported to the rspca and hopefully get a fine.

beautiful piggy!
I wonder how it gets around that we own/care for animals.

A couple of weeks ago my bf had a guy at work come up to him wanting to offload his rabbit. He refused to take the rabbit to a rescue himself and insisted he was going to get him put down. It was dead rude. My bf took the rabbit though so i guess that tactic works. :x

how awful if they did dump him! :evil:

I guess theres a possibility that they found him and thought he was yours if they knew you had pigs ...its a bit rude not to knock and tell you though!
My reason for suggesting this is that my little bro found a a baby rabbit in his garden and assumed it was the neighbours as they have bunns so he was going to put it in a box and leave it outside the front door as he was in a rush to go to college... I told him not to though, which was a good thing as it turns out it was a wild bunn.

Aww baby bunny!

Yes do take him to the vets and tell them your story!(Well his!)

Soetimes,don't you :?: , wish that you have a bunny or pig left outside your house.I know its mean,but it would eman you could give it a loving home.Um, no hang on that was a horrid thought.

Anyway hope he is ok.Have you got a name for him?

Amyx

well some news. i called the police and told them about the pig and there happy for me to keep him. also called the local vets just to ask mainly if they had anyone call about missing pig but big surprise no they havent.
also as a long shot phoned my friend who volunteers at a rescue asking if anyone had reported him missing again i drew a blank.
but heres the good news when i explained to the vet my situation she offered to check him over for a standard consultation fee on a sunday no less :D usually theres a call out charge so a bit good luck there.

the best thing is he's absolutely fine health wise except he's a bit overweight which makes the whole situation even more unusual i mean whoever had him before me obviously took good care of him vet says i'm fine to keep him but she'll look out for reports of missing gp's .

i've called him bailey and he's on a diet bless him

I think that picture says it all. :LOVE: he has made himself at home with you and he is gorgeous...... Can't believe someone has dumped him? How can they do that? At least they left him with you instead of doing something terrible.

willowflower said:
well some news. i called the police and told them about the pig and there happy for me to keep him. also called the local vets just to ask mainly if they had anyone call about missing pig but big surprise no they havent.
also as a long shot phoned my friend who volunteers at a rescue asking if anyone had reported him missing again i drew a blank.
but heres the good news when i explained to the vet my situation she offered to check him over for a standard consultation fee on a sunday no less :D usually theres a call out charge so a bit good luck there.

the best thing is he's absolutely fine health wise except he's a bit overweight which makes the whole situation even more unusual i mean whoever had him before me obviously took good care of him vet says i'm fine to keep him but she'll look out for reports of missing gp's .

i've called him bailey and he's on a diet bless him

Aww thats all great, it sounds like you have done everything you can. Lets face it if there really was a loving home missing a guinea they'd have done more to find him wouldn't they. Bailey is a lovely name.

yeah he's such a cutie when i took him out the cardboard box he came in he gave me this look that pretty much said who the :censored: are you? then he decided hey this aint so bad you got any food by the way :lol: and he's been right at home ever since got him as an indoor piggy just now as it's still a bit chilly uphere he's strutting his stuff like lord of the manor a right character.

How could anyone dump that cute little face??!!! He's gorgeous.

I would imagine he's a bit overweight through having a diet of lots of dried food (rather than hay) and maybe not much exercise. Mind you, I've had some porkers myself who eat loads of hay and not much dried...

I must admit, I really hope no-one ever does this to me - ie dumps an animal on my doorstep. I would feel like I had to take them in, but am feeling really like I live in a zoo at the moment, having just taken on a couple of rescue spiny mice.

Back