• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BAMBI.....A LESSON LEARNT............

Hi,
I foster buns for Jill (Honeybunnies) Last week she bought me an old girlie...Bambi. She is so beautiful and I wanted her to feel at home and so although the other buns I have have toys I bought Bambi some new ones. I was so happy with my purchases of all these lovely colourful toys just for her. I bought her into the house and gave her all these lovely
toys, but all she did was smell them and dismiss every one! No matter what I did she ignored them, but what I did notice was that she was very interested in my jumper sleeves that were hanging over a chair. She tried to hop up and touch them with her head so I tied these toys over the chairs with string but she would not take any notice of them, so I got some different shaped boxes and tied them all over my chairs, so that they hung at different heights. She loved them and kept hopping from one to another and nibbling them and trying to scratch them down. It kept her occupied for ages, so now everyday she comes in she makes straight for the chairs and plays with her 'toys'. Bambi reminded me of something I learnt as a child....YOU DON'T NEED RICH KIDS TOYS TO PLAY HAPPILY.
I hope Bambi will have many playful happy years with me.
Carol

[quote="four little paws''] YOU DON'T NEED RICH KIDS TOYS TO PLAY HAPPILY.

[/quote]

How very true. I dont BUY toys for my lot anymore as they always prefer empty cardboard boxes or the inner cardboard tubes of kitchen towels.
Another favorite is trashing an old telephone directory :lol:

Here are Bernie and Ned investigating an empty serial box

025.jpg

Janex :)

:lolyup cereal boxes smell yummy and need to be investigated in case any yummies are still remaining!
cardboard boxes line up like a tunnel with windows and holes to peep through are the fave... Bertie likes to tunnel under the pet rug..and the louinge mat..weirdo! hes a frenchie nothings going to hide him! :lol:
we had a bell on a ribon that oscar adored..hung from the dog crate he would bang it with his head he loved it! i thought just budgies did that :shock: :lol:

I brought Barney and Roxy a treat ball. I give them their food in it everyday which is fine but it only keeps them occupied for 5 or 10 minutes tops. The box it came in however, well thats a different story!

I agree completely; Remus' favourite toy at the moment is cardboard tubes full of hay and grass, he loves pulling the food out and eating it and then when he get's bored of that he tears up the tube. Perfect amusement and costs nothing.

Back