• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil lopping? I FOUND THE CAUSE :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
why has basil started to lop now at the age of 2yrs old?
PIC_0008-3.jpg

I think he is the most cute bunny I have ever seen :love: :love:

He so lovely :love: :love: He looks good Beth since he's been with you well done :D

:oops: thanks :oops: daily grooming has helped alot, also the lack of wood shavings stops his new grown fur from matting :D

Oh My Goodness Bloomin' Me!!! Is he the most amazingly gorgeous bunny in the entire world?!! :shock: He's SO CUTE!!! :D Xx

Has his ear just started to do that? Could there be a problem, or is this fairly normal in a bun this age? :?

he is a lion head lop, dunno though, his ear has been like that for a few weeks, just forgot to post it :oops:

capel said:
Has his ear just started to do that? Could there be a problem, or is this fairly normal in a bun this age? :?

Doubt there is a problem, I've heard of it happen loads :) Just makes him cuter!!! X

Whats FBS? My Casper's ears are the same but he's only a baby so it must be ormal, on keeps sticking up and drooping back down again all the time.

Floppy Bunny Syndrome? No it's not a symptom of that.

It could be an ear infection or similar.

It's not normal for a rabbits ears to suddden lop as a 2yr old adult. Anything like that should be checked by a vet.

Sometimes ears will droop more in summer when it'svery hot and more blood is flowing through them.

Tam

Tamsin said:
Floppy Bunny Syndrome? No it's not a symptom of that.

It could be an ear infection or similar.

It's not normal for a rabbits ears to suddden lop as a 2yr old adult. Anything like that should be checked by a vet.

Sometimes ears will droop more in summer when it'svery hot and more blood is flowing through them.

Tam

I agree with Tam, I'd have him checked for ear mites or an infection.

His ears are the wrong shape for a lionhead lop he's a normal lionhead and so should therefore have upright ears.

Also Floppy Bunny Syndrome tends to affect young growing rabbits of the larger breeds

Is he well in himself, other than his ear. Was he affected by the fire? I know his fur was yellow when you first got him, was that the result of smoke?

Theres a post in general chat and it seems Baz is dying....or has some sort of ear infection.... :cry:

he has mild FBS which is restriciting his movement but he seems happy to be hand fed baby food at the moment, vet said he had a chance of survival, my vets are total **** so they never said how often i had to feed him, i think it is something like every 3 hours, i was in tears and forgot to ask :oops:

actually i'll phone them up and ask. he is actually managing to just move himself around tha cage so ahs improved ALOT scince this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back