• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrows going to be so hard :( U/D OMG shes not leaving!!

beckiboo186

Warren Veteran
Jen's leaving tomorrow :cry: All day I've been on the verge of calling her new owners telling them its all off and keeping her :oops: I know I've only fostered her, but she came as such a hard bunny, and shes just a pleasure now, Shes a little angel and adds a smile to every day. Her new home is fantastic, and there is no way theres a better, more loving family out there ... But I do love her, I'm so attached!!! :( I'm so gonna sob my heart out when she leaves :cry: Xx

P1010079.jpg

:( Awww Becki.It will be hard.You have done a fantastic job though and should be proud as punch :D

Becki, You have done a wonderful job with the lovely Jen....
There are so many buns out there that need a foster mummy like you..
Do you know shes going to a great home ? You have turned that girl around. Just think Becki you could give another bun a great foster home.

Just re-read you know shes got that great home to go 2... I'm a great one saying to let her go aren't I ? but it was different with Fudge though wasn't it ? Fudge has got dental problems :( I know I would have problems re-homing him :( :( Jen will do well in her new home I'm just sure of it :D

Awwww! I know just how you feel, I foster for Jane Dexter and every time one of the bunnies goes to a new home I sob my heart out, it is sooo hard and I hate it, I love getting them in and nursing them back to health but I get so attached.

I always think that if I keep them all then I can't help any more and there are hundreds who need our help.

Jen is going to a fabulous new home, ask them to let you know how she is and keep you updated, mine do.

Good luck

karen354 said:
but it was different with Fudge though wasn't it ? Fudge has got dental problems :(

Excuses Excuses Karen :lol: You know you would've kept him anyway :wink:
Snowy, Does it get easier every time? I cant see myself going through this again, I even found myself counting the hours we have together before!!! :oops: I just went to put her to bed and cried!! :oops: They have promised they'll stay in touch, and I know they will. Im also allowed to go and visit, Which is nice too :) Her new mum called me before and she was saying "well ive got jen this carrier and this bowl, and suchathing" and I was like "Noooo - shes mine!!!" :oops: X

Awww Becki, do you really feel like she should be staying with you ?If you really feel like she should be with you then follow you heart ...

With Fudge you are right I think I was always keeping my Fudgie boy, from the minute I took Fudge from Elaine I think I always thought this boy is mine for ever :love: :love: :lol: :lol: Elaine said " karen bring him back if you can't re-home him" I said to her then " No Elaine I won't be bringing him back" ....I did put him on Rabbit Rehome but I already had my excuses ready :lol: :lol: like no he wasn't ready ....

beckiboo186 said:
karen354 said:
but it was different with Fudge though wasn't it ? Fudge has got dental problems :(

Excuses Excuses Karen :lol: You know you would've kept him anyway :wink:
Snowy, Does it get easier every time? I cant see myself going through this again, I even found myself counting the hours we have together before!!! :oops: I just went to put her to bed and cried!! :oops: They have promised they'll stay in touch, and I know they will. Im also allowed to go and visit, Which is nice too :) Her new mum called me before and she was saying "well ive got jen this carrier and this bowl, and suchathing" and I was like "Noooo - shes mine!!!" :oops: X

Erm, I don't think it does get easier because each bunny is different and they all tug on my heart strings, but I have to keep saying that if I keep this one then that is one less I can help, It is hard but you have to think that she is going to a fabulous new home with people that will love her just as much as you and then you can help another bunny and you know from reading on this forum that they are hundreds that have been abused, neglected, starved and ill treated that need our help

It is really hard and I cry every time and the stupid thing is that sometimes when I take bunnies to Janes because people are coming to view, I cry all the way there and then I cry of they get chosen because I won't have them anymore and then I cry if then don't get chosen because I think nobody loves except me!!, so it's a no win situation really.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and just be strong for Jen, be happy that she has got a fabulous new home, keep in touch with her, I find that really helps.

Its hard saying goodbye to them, but you have done a great job and they will be keeping in touch. Fostering is hard as you do get attached but think that you have done a great job and will do the same with the next foster bun that needs you.

I`m a failed foster for Jane Dexter :( :roll: , I had Mia and Sandy to foster in October at the moment they are with Snowy, but they will be coming back to me as their forever home :D :D :D , I failed :oops:

It takes a special person to foster and by reading your post you are :D :D :D

Mandy

Aww, Thank You All :) Karen, It does feel like she should stay with me forever, but I know that it would with anybun! :roll: I love her to the bones though!! With Tills being so poorly she takes up lots of time and after a long day I dont get lots of time in the evening with Jen, but on days like today where I sat in the garden with her all day I just thought I should so keep her :( Elaine said that to me about Jen as well, but I'm afraid I'm a very determined girly and I told Dad she'd leave here a loving bunny, and that is what she is doing tomorrow :) Xx

Well Becki, You have completly turned Jen around. Elaine didn't know what to do with her until you took her on..
Tomorrow will be very hard for you but look at Jen shes now a happy girl and she'll go on to have a loving home :D
You have been a fantastic foster mummy well done to you :D :D ......
Let her go she'll be fine :D

Ohh Sorry Norah!!! :oops: Aww Karen, Thank You :oops: Jen just needed some understanding I think, Shes the one whos made it possible to turn her around :wink: Mum said to me the other night "Becki, Keep Jen" I was like Noo Shes a foster, Member? She went Yep, I member, but I cant watch what giving her away is doing to you! :oops: :oops: I'm such a fool! :roll: :oops: X

I want to keep them all but I can't and it is soooo hard to give them up and that is why we foster because we care so much for the bunnies and just think that it is because you have done such a fantastic job with Jen that someone wants to adopt her!!.

Having thought about your question last night......does it get easier and I said no but when I thought about it, I thought, I give a bun up and cry like heck.....I mean I really sob my heart out but Jane always has another one and sometimes they are poorly or aggresive or plain scared to death and they take time (Just like Jen) and they tend to take my mind off the one that has just gone to a lovely new home, so it does help taking more in but then it's a vicious circle :oops: :oops:

I'll be thinking of you today and well done for doing such a fantastic job with Jen, people like you are very special.

Well done

Aww Becki, just think of how you've managed to change her into the sweetie she is now and because of you her whole future has changed for the better, and also if she goes to her new home then you will be able to help lots more buns like Jen. :D

For me personally it does get better Becki- although it does depend slightly on their personalities as there have been some of my foster cats and rabbits that I have felt closer to than others. And also I find I get less attached to them if they are in pairs or groups.

I didnt cry when my last two fosters left- Jasper the cat and Tammy the rabbit, although I do miss having Jasper around.

I have failed once though, with my wonderful Audrey :love:

You've done a brilliant job with Jen and you should be really proud of yourself xx

You have done a great job with Jen and Im so glad her new owners are going to keep in touch :D It must be really hard letting her go :( , but I think your a great foster bunny mum and think of all the other buns your going to help :D Give her a nose rub from me

Awwww becki - I am so sorry Jen is leaving I know how much you love her.... but She has a lovely home to go to, and you can visit - and all that is because of you! You gave her everything and turned her right around- Such a horrid start to life for her and now she is so happy and has a good life! Good job....
and it also means you can completley 100 per cent focus on tilly.
Thinking of you! --x--

awww .

its lovely that you love her much .

yes its hard .
after over 2 yrs of doing this it still gets to me at times .

i cried when we rehomed rolo , minto , archie bun to name but a few . sometimes no matter how hard you try you get attached and it hurts when they go .

we have a new bun in now . he only came yesterday and already im thinking o god i wanna keep him ....but ....for each one i keep its 1 less rescue space and my heart wont let me turn those poor needy buns away just so i can avoid being hurt . ...so off he ll go like the rest ....and ill feel like ive rehomed 1 of my own buns again ...but ill get over it :(

oh Becki it must be so sad for you after all the hard work you have put in.
You have done the most wonderful thing for Jen by finding her a fantastic home which she would not have had without all the help and support you have given her.

Fostering must be so difficult as its so easy to get attached but now it leaves you with a space to help/foster another needy bun.

im sure jen will be very happy in her new home even if she does miss you lots

Back