• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

deaf bun

gizmo

Mama Doe
iv just noticed today that spirit is deaf. i was making loads of noise behind him and he didnt even flinch.
i was just wondering if its another thing the REW can have wrong with them?
the poor little guys got very bad eyesight and scans really bad.

my little Buzz bunny is deaf, he leaps out of hi skin if he doesnt see you coming, but it doesnt seem to bother him, he was trying to help dad the other day when he was jigsawing the back door, he just doesnt care about loud noises that would normally be scary. i think its one of the reasons he's so bold and friendly. he's not a REW by the way, just a harlequin dwarf lop. i just try to make sure he see's me when im coming towards him, dont like seeing him jump!

not sure about REW but my gus (who is a black lop) is partially deaf

we realised it when we used to go into the living room and he had his back to us - if we spoke when we were close to him it scared him so much - he obviously hadnt heard us coming

it hasnt really affected him at all - he's another bun that can quite happily cope with DIY going on all around him :lol:

i wouldnt worry too much - gus has a very good sense of smell and copes very well - as he also has pretty bad eyesight caused by a retrobulbar abscess

i think my bun jack is partially deaf. he never hears me coming but sees me coming :lol: :lol:

Bless him - he never hears the treat bowl being shaken!!!!

Back