• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well Done Jake!!! UD PICTURES OF HIS TEETH

Can i just publicly say a big well done to my bunny Jake! He had his incisors removed (top and bottom) last month due to his malloclusion. After his operation, which did get all the teeth out, he developed a gum infection, and a few days later he got an eye ulcer. After 3 weeks of anti-biotics and eye gels, he is finally better!! :D I gave him his last eye drop last week and he seems to be just fine!
Now he can get on with the rest of his life, with no more teeth cutting :)

Here is my beautiful boy...
IMG_0588small.jpg

Jeanette

I just thought i would add some pictures of his teeth (i got them as souveneirs from the vets :lol: ) as i found them really interesting, and i thought all you other bunny people would too.

The straight ones are his lower incisors and the curly ones are his uppers.

As you can see i have placed them next to a 20p peice so you can get an idea of the size. If you look carefully, half of the tooth is red, this is what is below the gums, it's the size of a 20p peice!!! :shock: i honestly didn't know that bunnies teeth went down that far, get 20p out of your purse and look how big that is :lol:

IMG_0461.jpg

Just thought it might be an intereting thing to share..sorry if you find it disgusting :lol:

Waffles had teeth like that when his were removed.

His got to go back next month to have his top back teeth removed as they grew back - the vet said she will also burr his back teeth as they looked a bit over grown!!!!

aaawww Jake is absolutely adorable! he must feel so much happier with out those enormous and curly teeth!! :shock: Never realised they were so long! :shock:

Back