• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bonding

Victoria39

Mama Doe
Hello everyone, really enjoy the site - I'm a newby. I'm after a bit of advice. I currently have 2 neutered male rabbits (unrelated). Archie (aged 4) was living happily with his brother Hamish until Hamish passed away in January and Koo, who is approx 9 months old has been with us since August and living quite happily on his own (went to pet shop for supplies and he was smiling at me from the cage - that's what I told the old man)! I have attempted numerous bonding sessions but without success. I am in the process of having a hutch/run made of approx 6"x3". Could a miracle ever happen whereby I could get these two handsome buns a couple of ladies and they could all live in harmony together?

Yes - in the dining room with plenty of distractions i.e, food, toys, boxes. They were initially ok but it seemed to go downhill as the days went by. Whenever we placed them on the settee they were ok, Archie would sometimes nip Koo on the bum if he sat on his head! Tempted to put them in the car and take them for a drive but would prefer not to stress them out unnecessarily.

When you say it went downhill what do you mean? I only ask cos buns often do scrap to determine who is boss and it doesn't always happen straight away, plus bun scraps often look more serious than they are.

The first day or two had a few nips here and there. After that there was a scuffle which did frighten me however no blood, just lots of flying fur (Archie being a lop). Last Sunday they had another go. Think it looked worse as Archie is losing his winter coat. Hutches are facing each other so they can wave at one another! I'm a wimp and don't like to see them at each other.

Where about's in Birmingham are you? If you're not too far from me I'd be happy to offer some moral support.

That is very kind of you - I am in Kings Heath. Was wondering whether to get them a wifey each as I have the room. Thinking of popping to the bunny rescue in Redditch to see if there are any lovely ladies who may fall in love with my two. I have no preference to what a bunny looks like, it could have three legs, red eyes - I'm a sucker for a sob story which is how I came across Koo, he was stuffed in a small cage in the pet shop on his lonesome - ahhhhhhhhh

You're not far from me! If you'd like to persevere with your boys and would like some support let me know - Louise has loads of rabbits in at the mo so if you do decide to get your boys a girl each she'll probably have the ones for you! Good Luck!!

Back