• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Grass Alternative?

sonnet

Alpha Buck
What is the best & closest alternative to fresh grass? My Vet is always talking about grass being the best, that's great but not so good when what lawn I have is either a quagmire or bare!! :lol:
P.s - Saw the 'grass pot' post but as my Mint died off when I tried growing it myself I'm not sure I'd be much good with the grass growing! :oops:

Hi, what about dried grass like Spillers Readigrass or Burgess Supaforage. The buns usualy love it. And as far as I'm aware, its just dried grass :D

Or what about fresh herbs from supermarket??

Yeah i give mine dried grass every so often.. they go mad for it! They also love fresh herbs like parsley or coriander :wink: :D

Those grow your own grasses are OK - even I can grow them and I am useless! Can't keep a plant alive! :oops: :lol:

With so many rabbits and hardly any garden I feed a fair bit of dried grass. They get a double handful each every other night.

I use Spillers Readi Grass, Dobson and Horrell Just Grass and Northern Crop Driers Graze On depending on what my feed merchant can get in at the time.

Louise

Back