• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

O POVERTY - blame the bunnies

I am fraught with how little money i've got left this month and theres still 23 days to payday!

I've got to pay £108 for vaccinations today, plus whatever it costs for Flori at the vets (and I'm guessing around £50). And I've just had to order £40 worth of stuff from bunnybasics as the little tyrants have demolished all their nice hay.

I overspent in Amsterdam, have had to pay my dad what I owed for Benidorm and need to save enough for ice-skating next week and a trip to the Deep the week before pay-day!

Rant over - the moral of the story is
RABBITS=NO CASH. EVER :lol:

I know the feeling and I only have one! But if you're anything like me they take one look at you with their big eyes and you forget how skint you are (or is that just me??)!

I don't work, so rely on what my OH brings in and that's not a lot once our massive mortgage gets paid :roll:

I buy a bale of hay for £3 which lasts ages and if I'm feeling rich I order some nice hay to go on top, but I'm lucky as they eat pretty much any hay I get in. I buy a big bag of food too - my main costs is the veg for the piggies as they eat so much!!

I do worry about vet bills etc but I guess that's why I've never given up my last credit card :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oh, tell me about it! I am like Kayjay, am a full time stay at home mother and rely soley on what hubby brings home. After motgage, bills and food, there isn't much left. I am certainly going to look into buying hay locally and am hoping that my veg growing will take off and include some nice bits for the buns. I am just glad that we have a one account when it comes to vet bills, as they whole thing is a big minus figure anyway :lol:

well thankfully my mum works on a fruit & veg stall so that sorts the veg out. they eat SS and that works out cheap too. but gus wont eat any hay apart from timothy 2nd from bunny basics (he's had teeth problems so he really needs to eat lots).

it always seems to be never ending! i was totalling up the other day how much i'd spent in 12 months and it was £400 on one website alone. i do have 5 bunnies and 3 piggies (including a massive frenchie) but its still ridiculous :lol:

i've had to start paying for my travel to work too this last year as they knocked my bus off (for which i got a staff pass from my stepdad) so thats another £150 per month, plus our new (equally massive) mortgage, we've moved up a band in council tax (bah humbug), then i needed a crown fitting (dentists are complete rip off merchants :lol: ).

i just need a rant really :lol: its not normally this bad, everything seems to have got on top of me this month but i'm sure we will be back to normal next month. poor gail has got a couple of houses completing this month and the car needs fixing as it keeps veering to the right, so she's totally skint too. looks like beans on toast for us for a few weeks :lol:

I don't work atm so what i get jobseekers goes on the buns. Have to pay out £20 for hay, a possible £45 for a wendy house cos the hutch cover is a nightmare. I got paid £120 today and i'm now completley skint for another fortnight :shock:

We do OK for money but I will never own such a large number of rabbits again. They costs an absolute fortune. :shock: :lol: The amount we spent at the vet's last year was shocking.

A bonded trio sounds a good number! :lol:

Louise

Its not just me then?!! :D I gave up work 7 months ago to be full time mum to Jess, looked into childcare, decided didn't want to pay and couldn't afford to pay someone to look after her so packed in job and here I am a full time mum. Do miss work though. Anyway, live on partners paltry wage and find we don't do too bad on a buget of less than £60 a week for 5!!! + the bunnies. :rabbit2: :rabbit2: I sold my car 'cause couldn't afford servicing/MOT etc, miss it but walk everywhere or bus it, but avoid at all cost school home times. Buses packed with kids so can never get on with buggy :evil: The cost of everything just seems to go up every year, our rents nearly £100 a week in H/A. I know thats nothing compared to private renting but still :shock: Oh, I could go on and on :lol: :lol: My main worry is the vet costs of my bunnies, I'm about to get pet insurance with Exoticdirect, but worry they won't cover everything. Hopefully, if and when they need vet treatment, the vets will let me pay in instalments. But hopefully my bunnies will be nice and healthy--cross that bridge when come to it. I sometimes think I'll be better off living in a cave somewhere but I'm sure somebody somewhere would find a way to charge me rent and council tax for it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back