• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P - breeder or natural pellets?

Justine

Mama Doe
I have a friend who has 2 frenchies, one is about 5 months old and the other is 16 weeks. They have both been fed on A&P breeder grower pellets since they were weaned. Do frenchies need to stay on the breeder pellets because they have more growing to do or do you think they should be switched to the natural pellets?

I have noticed that the natural pellets are quite a lot higher in fibre than the breeder pellets.

I'd switch them to natural, but maybe wait a bit longer. The breeder ones are mainyl for does that intend to be bred from so they will get all the neutrients they need to feed kits etc. I'd wait til they're a little older, then put them over to the other kind.

Yup id agree.. the natural one would be much better for them.. my three have those :wink: Just be sure to swap them gradually over about 10days-2weeks

Back