• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Question re: vaccination nosodes. LINK ADDED

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
My lot are due for their fortnightly dose tomorrow but Blue is extremely poorly at the mo.
I know with regular vaccines vets generally advise not to give the vacs until the rabbit is better incase there is an adverse reaction, is this the same for nosodes?

Thanks in advance,
Su.x

kayjay said:
How do these work Su??

Basically, they`re a homeopathic type of vaccine, in tablet form.
Each nosode contains the bacteria that causes the disease, so you`re effectively helping bunny to build up an immunity to the disease. Similar to a live vaccine.

Sorry if that`s not a very good explanation, ( my brain ain`t working to well at the mo )! :oops: Hopefully someone with more knowledge of homeopathy will be able to explain it better than me. :D

Su.x

I know I'm not answering your question but I am bumping it up for you :wink: but do you have a website link?

I would assume the same principle applies :? The Bun would need a good immune response for the nosodes to be effective and if their poorly their immune system will be under too much stress.
Dont know for sure as my Buns have conventional vaccinations

Janex :)

Thanks Jane :D Your probably right, will err on the side of caution & not give them to Blue until he is better.

Kayjay: Will post up the link for you later as it`s on my laptop ( I`m on mark`s at the mo) as he carrying out some essential maintenance for me! :D

Su.x

Back