• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh How I Do NOT Enjoy Bonding..COMPLETE FAILURE

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Wont go into details of it all as I am affraid I'll jinx it by doing so. But I really dislike the process of bonding. It makes me feel so ANXIOUS........ :shock:

Just needed to share that..... :oops:

Janex

I Hope it is successful Jane :D

I have very little space just now and had two new doe's arrive yesterday, so as I had two single males, I introduced them to each other, it went very well and by 7pm last night the new girls were in beside their new boys :D this morning they are cuddly and sweet on each other :D :D :D No worries here :lol: just glad they liked each other! :lol: Also arrived yesterday was a Mum and four 4 day old kits, I was terrified she would abandon them :( but this morning a quick peek revealed 4 warm wriggly babies with full tummies :wink: :D

hunnybun said:

I have very little space just now and had two new doe's arrive yesterday, so as I had two single males, I introduced them to each other, it went very well and by 7pm last night the new girls were in beside their new boys :D this morning they are cuddly and sweet on each other :D :D :D No worries here :lol: just glad they liked each other! :lol: Also arrived yesterday was a Mum and four 4 day old kits, I was terrified she would abandon them :( but this morning a quick peek revealed 4 warm wriggly babies with full tummies :wink: :D

Awww thats lovely :D

Its not going nearly so well here and I nearly gave up during the night :cry: I am way past how long I would normally persevere and am absolutely TERRIFIED......... :oops:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
hunnybun said:

Its not going nearly so well here and I nearly gave up during the night :cry: I am way past how long I would normally persevere and am absolutely TERRIFIED......... :oops:

Janex

I take it they are fighting then? I sometimes have put new potential couples into a hutch that has been used by other rabbits, the new smells keep them busy and also they are very wary and look to each other for comfort. I hope it works out Jane :D

hunnybun said:
Jack's-Jane said:
hunnybun said:

Janex

I take it they are fighting then? I sometimes have put new potential couples into a hutch that has been used by other rabbits, the new smells keep them busy and also they are very wary and look to each other for comfort. I hope it works out Jane :D

Thanks. We have a stand-off situation at the moment........... :?

Janex

Fingers crossed for you Jane. I have had only one experience of bonding and thankfully that went unbelievably smoothly. Fortunately Karen and I had each other for moral support while we were doing it. Good luck..we are all rooting for you :) I also had a vision of you disappearing under a blanket of dozens of squabbling bunnies :lol:

Morrigan1981 said:
Am I the only one imagining a bonded group of 40 here? :lol:

Good luck Jane, I hope it all goes smoothly here on in :D x

OMG I am stressed enough with just these two :shock: I REALLY want it to work but at the end of the day (arrrrrrrgh, HATE that saying :x :roll: ) if they really dont like each other I will accept that its not to be.

At the moment they are at opposite ends of the pen and neither will let the other into 'their space'. They are grooming themselves now which I suppose is a good sign :? Mind you they both look somewhat bedraggled with all the fur pulling that has gone on :shock: :cry:

Loved-up Bun vibes needed PLEASE!!!

Janex

I wouldn't know where to start :shock: Sounds like you're doing a good job,fingers crossed for you :D

Well they are sitting a bit closer to each other now after all night being as far apart as possible. IF this works it'll mean a Bun I have failed to bond with numerous others for the last 3 years finally has a friend........

Meanwhile I think I need to set myself up an IV Chardonnay Drip.......... :roll: :lol:

Janex

I know you're a veteran with this type of thing, but have you tried the banana trick? Putting a little mushed banana on each others heads (or something else they both like) they will lick it off each others heads and will think they are begin groomed......

Back