• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RWA membership

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Hi!

Just wondering who is a member of the RWA and what you think of Rabbiting on, their magazine?

What other benefits are there of being a member?

Have had a look at the website but would like to know your personal experiences.
Many thanks!

I'm a member and like the magazine. I'm not aware of there being any advantages of membership though :) Could be wrong though..

I am a member and the magazine alone is worth the subscription your membership alone plus it also contributes towards what is the only organisation in the UK that is dedicated to improving the welfare of pet rabbits - that alone is a good reason :D ! Add to that, a dedicated help line, and, IMO opinion I it represents tremendous value for money.

I am a member and I have had some excellent support from Judith Brown, their Veterinary Executive :D
Also, I have had a few articles about some of my Bunnies published. Billie Bunny's story was in the Spring 2007 Issue. I am no good at writing and stuff so was amazed they have published anything by me.

I dont agree with some of their policies but still think that they are a good organisation overall.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
I am no good at writing and stuff so was amazed they have published anything by me.

Pfft, I'll take issue with that, I thought it was a very well written article! :D

One of the benefits is that you get access to their list of rabbit vets, which was the original reason I joined. The magazine is a very welcome bonus - it's fab :D

I've been a member for about 10 years - and have only JUST got a rabbit!!!

I joined because I found a rabbit: due to short notice and expecting to return him to his owner, I automatically brought him indoors to live. RWA - then the British Houserabbit Association - was where I looked for information. Sadly the rabbit died after three weeks :)cry: I'll always regret not going to the vet for health check immediately).

I kept the membership up because I liked their aim of supporting a better life for rabbits. It's been very helpful in educating me in that time.

i really enjoy the magazine and its worth the membership!
I also publish a bunny magazine called "Bunny Mad" which is a fun and informative mag, sorry for the plug :oops:

I'm a member. I love 'Rabbiting On'! I find it really useful, I particularly like the adverts, sometimes it is hard to know where to get rabbit stuff from, so they're useful.

I don't always agree with some of their ideas/comments but I think overall, they're worth joining.

Im a member but take some of the stuff in rabbiting on with a pinch of salt...I have found quite a few contradictory articles in the same magazine.

The veterinary stuff is very interesting though...loved the last issues bit on antibiotics.

Im a member and the magazine is ok. I prefer lisa's bunny mad.

Rabbiting on is a bit too figures and politics for me- but lisas mag is fun

FriskyClover said:
Jack's-Jane

I totally agree with you on their P@H stance.

I know, I nearly died when they had the P@H logo on the RWA website :shock: :x

I went into angry email mode pronto!! :oops:

Janex

Back