• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Insurance

iv justt got a policy with pet plan its 8.50 per bunny a month, they cover vet bills up to 2000 but there is an excess of £50

Jen is covered with PetPlan. Both my bucks - Harley and Vincent - had too many health problems for insurance :(

If Jen and Frankie bond though, I'll definitely get Frankie covered :love:

My 4 youngest are covered with pet protect - with the multi pet discount it costs around £6 per month each

Bracken is too old to be insured :(

Pet Protect have been absolutely fantastic - we've only had Lola 14 months but they have paid out on a regular basis for the past 12 months for her eye drops

We've claimed for mites and cystitis twice for Gus, once for his wound (caused by an irate Lola) and they've also settled a claim for £900 :shock: for his retrobulbar abscess - all without any quibbling whatsoever

i cant rate them highly enough :D - however you do have to ring for a quote for bunnies as they dont show the quotes on the website

I'm going to get insurance for my 3 soon to be 4 hopefully :D
I've spent a lot of money in the last 4 months and can't afford anymore of them.. I've told my husband that if we do get a female for our indoor bun we will have to insure them..
Do you know if they insure for buns with dental problem ?
As yet my bun hasn't needed any dentals but will do..

karen354 said:
I'm going to get insurance for my 3 soon to be 4 hopefully :D
I've spent a lot of money in the last 4 months and can't afford anymore of them.. I've told my husband that if we do get a female for our indoor bun we will have to insure them..
Do you know if they insure for buns with dental problem ?
As yet my bun hasn't needed any dentals but will do..

I think most insurance excludes dental treatment

Pet Protect cover dental treatment as long as its non-preventative and non-cosmetic treatment - I've just rung them to enquire about it further (dont even know what my insurance covers :lol: )

The girl who answered stated that routine treatment isnt covered - by this she means burring, clipping, cleaning.

However it will cover dental problems that lead to illness such as abscesses etc

Dont know if I'm made things clearer :lol: I dare say that if your bunny will need repetitive teeth clipping then you wont be able to claim, but I still think for all the other risks insurance is well worth it (or it certainly has been for me but then not all other bunnies are as unlucky as Mr Gus :lol: )

Looked at Pet Protect website, but cant see a telephone number - know I am being blind, can someone help?

Might give them a call - two cats and two rabbits to insure!!

I have spoken to pet plan regarding dental treatment, and if a vet deems it neccessary then they do usually pay out. Obviously they said they can't give a guaruntee over the phone as it depends on the circumstances, as it does for any claim. They only tend to pay out only if a vet says it has to be done.

i added Dudley and Emily yesterday, so I thought I'd ask, cos everyone on here seems to think dentals aren't covered.

Hope it clear things up.

Nicola

I wasn't sure about whether insurance covers dentals so I went with my own vets pet plan.I pay £8 a month (just gone up to £11) and that covers both rabbits for 2 check ups/nail trims a year,their jabs and 20% off any bills.I figured that I'd have to pay the first £50 of a bill anyway and that was the cost of a dental so I'd always be paying,thought it worked out cheaper to get the money off each time.Maybe you could see if your vets does something similar (hope this made sense :? )

Back