• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so nervous

harv is going in for deplumming 2morrow and i feel sick!!! im so worried! i know he will prob be fine but oo i dunno i just have an awful sicky feeling in the pit of my stomach.
does any one have some advice on really good aftercare?

Squidgy's just been neutered. It's taken a while for his little system to kick in. Read Jane's article on neutering http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=38940
I found this really useful.
Squidgy lives inside, but I wish I'd had a snugglesafe. Recovery food, probiotic, syringes, dandelion leaves, herbs and vet bed! That's the list of htings I've needed so far.
Squidgy was neutered on Tuesday, and he's still not quite back to normal. I expected him to bounce back almost straight away, but obviously it takes quite a while to recover.
I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine.

thanks hs that post is really useful! i dont have any vetbed tho is there anywhere i can buy some asap? dont suppose vets will sell is or is the name misleading ? lol

bumble3130 said:
thanks hs that post is really useful! i dont have any vetbed tho is there anywhere i can buy some asap? dont suppose vets will sell is or is the name misleading ? lol
My vets sell it :D

Pets at Home sell vetbed if you need to get some quick - although my bunnies hate it - chew it and drag it out of the hutch :shock:

Wishing you luck with the op tomorrow x

managed to get some vetbed from pets at home because i forgot to ask the vets.
have to wait until half 1 until i can find out how he is.

Have rung up: Muppet's coming round fine, still a bit sleepy and should be ready for collection about 3.30 :D

Reading Helen's post makes me think that the op was the easy part, it's the recovery that's tricky! I'm nowhere near as well prepared as that. Fingers crossed he starts eating quickly and is just a bit subdued for a couple of days.

phew hes recovering fine and can pick him up about 4pm :D
ive been so worried all morning aswell! thank god!
i dunno what to do when i get him home tho... shall i leave him be overnight and give him hugs 2moz? i was planning on getting the indoor cage i have on loan from kaskaskia and putting vet bed in with no sawdust or straw on the floor. some vegs in a bowl and hay in a rack. does that sound about right and feed him his pellets for dinner as usual ?
be glad to have the lil fella home thats for sure

Muppet's home and resting/dozing in his normal indoor cage, tucked up in a towel for extra warmth. He's eaten a treat of small chunk of apple and some carrot chunks but otherwise not done much...

Just thought I'd update as Muppet seems to be recovering really well - it's nice to have the good stories too!

He spent the early evening, sprawled quietly in his cage. Gradually started nibbling with more enthusiasm. By 11pm, he had some pellets but mostly concentrated on hay and veg. Most importantly, he'd done a nice heap of bunny poo :lol: Some a bit smaller than usual but all healthy looking. And he was looking much brighter.

This morning he's definitely brighter and has come out of his cage for a wander around. No running or binkying though (thank goodness!!). Has a good rest after each exertion. Still not eating pellets tho (which is unusual) but OK with hay and veg. No poo yet though.

Am keeping a close eye on him, as presumably the painkiller starts to wear off from now on.

Glad to hear that everything is going well!! Twinkle wasnt interested in her pellets until a few days later - maybe a common thing?

Back