• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dinnertime advice

zoey-blogs

Warren Scout
i was just wondering how much i should be feeding my bun! hes a netherland dwarf lop , at the mo he has unlimted hay i also put down a bowl of mix on a morning and on an evening he gets veg,

any more tips

If he is only a few months old then let him eat as many pellets as he wants. A bit of veg a day will be ok. Just introduce different veg slowly and keep an eye on his tummy.

I think spring greens are the best veg and so do my bunnies :lol:

Was always told to let them eat as much pellets as they want at such a young age. So keep the bowl topped up. Think about six months you can start limiting the pellets.

If you use a mix you may want to try slowly introducing your bunny onto a pellet based food as they are thought to be better for bunnies as they dont selectively feed (leave bits they dont like).

Carrots are nice, but quite sweet so again, maybe you might want to offer this as a treat. I feed spring greens every day to my bunnies as not sugary and doesnt cause gassy tummies.

Back