• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PICKLE AND TWINKLE NOT GETTING ON

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
After Twinkle's spay on Monday Pickle seems to be getting more agressive towards Twinkle.

You might remember he wasnt allowed to stay at the vets with her when being spayed as the vets didnt allow it, :roll: but since she came home he has been horrible to her as she must smell different.

She is now being held prisoner in the hutch and he wont allow her into the run at all. :cry: If she does try to come out he races towards her and forces her back in. She is charging full pelt to hide upstairs out of his way.

Worried she might damage herself where she has stitches :shock: or that he might get more agressive.

What can I do??? So annoyed at the vets as I see this as all their fault. :twisted:

Oh no :cry:

I don't know if it'll help, but you culd try moving them to a neutral area and really scrubbing the hutch out with vinegar before moving them back in. Perhaps Pickle decided it was his territory whilst Twinkle was away?

I hope you get it sorted x

Bun might still "smell funny"?

If I take one of my bonded 9 to the vets, I rub them in litter & with spinach after (not practical to take all 9!!)

Aww great idea Angie. Ive heard of the litter but I like the spinach idea :D Hope they make up soon :D

Steph said:
Aww great idea Angie. Ive heard of the litter but I like the spinach idea :D Hope they make up soon :D

You do end up with green buns if you rub too hard though :oops:

What a shame, naughty Pickle :no:

I'd try 'rebonding' them with a scrubbed out hutch and bond on neutral territory again

Good luck

Thanks for the suggestions - will definately do the vinegar trick on the hutch and run. It is mainly the run he is very territorial over so definately do that :roll:

Dont have any strong smelling stuff to rub on Twinkle at the moment - only carrots and spring greens :lol: :lol: :lol: Could do the litter tray but dont want her being "dirty" being rubbed in poop :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe just try rubbing some of their normal bedding on lil Twinkle (straw or whatever)... I bet even if it's not pee'd on it'll still smell a bit like Pickle :)

Good idea!!! Will try that!!!

Its a stand-off at the moment. Pickle guarding the run and Twinkle hiding in the hutch. Not sure what they do of a night when they in the hutch together :shock:

Pickle probably makes her sleep on the sofa for being a dirty stop out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwwwwwwwwwww I am so sorry they are not getting on at the mo, I hope you manage to get it sorted :D

I can only suggest what has already been said,

Good luck :love:

Back