• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Squishy poos

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
Amber and her babies who are inside have some normal poos but most are squichey and look like grapes. They have unlimited hay, veggies at night in a veggie hanger and a bowl of pellets in the morning. Is it to much veggies or pellets and how can i get the poos normal :?

Try reducing their pellets (which pellets do they have?) and add a little probiotic to their water.

Its usually too much pellets and fresh veg. Cut down on the pellets to encourage them to eat more hay and also cut down on the fresh veg for a while.

:oops: Just re-read it and realise it's babies :D Probably the veg then? I know they should have unlimited pellets when they're ickle.
Hopefully someone with baby experience will be able to help.

All my rabbits are on excel now with abit of fruit mix in which encourages them to eat it all. What type of probiotic shold i get, can i just buy it from a pet shop.

How can i give the babies unlimited aswell as limit Ambers aswell, sounds tricky :? What age do you usually cut theres down?

Jen had unlimited pellets until she was 6months old :D

I found that Jen didn't eat her grape poos when she was a baby and on Excel, but starting eating them when I switched to SS. Could you try your babies with some SS (changing them over gradually to it) and see if that helps? She's not had a problem since :D

I'll try cutting down there veg first to see if it helps and if not i will change over to ss and see if it works :D They definalty get alot of hay, so much infact it doesn't last a month in my house for the big bags :roll:

Back