• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To those with re-adopted/rescue buns....

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Do you ever wonder whether you giving them as nice a life as the one they had before? Obviously if they were not neglected/badly treated.

For instance, I have two rabbits, who have lived together their whole lives and who were given up to the RSPCA at the age of 4 because the family were emigrating. They looked healthy when i met them, and the only prob was Ozzie was recovering from a slightly sticky bum. So i can't say they were mistreated. I just wonder what sort of hutch/run they lived in, was it better than teh one they have now etc.

It took a while for them to get used to me, and its only now 6 months on do they really look happy and accepting. They are both quite cheeky now and we're slowly getting there. But i do worry that they miss their old place and owners. I also worry when i drop them off at the holiday boarders - are they thinking they are being given away again?

Luckily I know where both of mine came from so I know they have a much better life now, but I have to say does anyone ever get the feeling that the more spoilt or freedom you give your bunnies, the more they don't appreciate it ! :lol: My two have a pen in the garage with access to a large run all the time but on an evening and when I'm in they have free range of the garage but when it comes to locking up time they're not happy at all! I often think if only you two appreciated what you've got! Cheeky bunsters! :lol:

I know!

I got my two from a rescue, Inky had been dumped at teh side of the road at 4 weeks old, Smokey had been given to the rescue when she was only a couple of weeks old.

I know that they have a good life with me, they have a lovely play house and run. However, I do worry that when I go away they think they are being abandoned again (even though it's my mum caring for them).

I think I spoil them more then most owners though, to make up for their poor start in life.

I worry constantly, 'cos our circumstances change quite a lot :roll:

For instance, until the 1st April they get all day out of their hutches, but when I go back to work, they'll be in their runs with less time from me during the day.

I know for certain that Silver has a better life with me, she was abused and continually bred from before being threatened with release in the woods when she kept killing her litters :x

I don't know what kind of life Snoopy had, before I adopted him. Kayj said his owners did not want him any more after he had started to fight with his brother while staying at her bunny hotel. I don't think he was neglected, but at least he now has the sweetest girlfriend and no grumpy brother any more. :D

Penny was born at Eve's rescue, so she's always had a good life. The only improvement for her was that she got a friend with Snoopy. Her sisters were a bit on the grumpy side, too, so she had to live as a single bunny for a couple of weeks.

Fudge came from Elaine Tameside Manchester.. He came in with his brother and sisters by what Elaine said the conditions he was living in were bad :( .. Furby came from a very young girl breeder she couldn't breed from her for some reason. She had advertised in the freeads for a few months with no takers.. I collected her and she went to stay with her foster mum Hilda. When I started looking for a wife for Fudge Hilda very kindly let me have Furby.. These 2 buns hadn't had the best start in life but it makes me very happy knowing that they both now have lots of room to play and love an attention...

Seven of our nine have come from rescues.
Nellie and Poppet were left in a cardboard box in a pub
and the only other one we have any history on is Elvis
who was the only rabbit in that Silverdale case a few years
ago involving lots of cats and dogs.
We try to allow ours to express themselves as rabbits
as much as possible and we'd like to think they are very happy.

do you ever wonder if

My bunnies were all used for breeding so i know that they have a better life now :) some would have been killed after they became to old or were unsuitable for breeding purposes :shock: :( :evil: now they just chill out and be happy :)

Rudy ended up in rescue because of a divorce not bad treatment but I hope here he has an equally good life if not better than what he had before. When my cousin brought their little girl around he hid so i think the child in his previous household may have scared him a little but other than that he was a well cared for loved bunny.

Back