• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh!

Cookie&Twix

Alpha Buck
I just need to have a little vent! It seems to be one thing after another with the buns right now, actually, since we lost Cookie in December.

Most of the problems we have had have been with Biscuit, he has been neutered, jabbed x2 had a spainal injury and just Tuesday developed a bald patch as a reaction to a steriod injection. Now I have just noticed that Twix has obviously done something to her front paw (her left) and is trying not to bear weight on it :roll: I have been wracking my brain but can only really think of 2 things. She had a skitterish moment this morning and skidded all around the cage in the kitchen, but I didn't see her hit anything, or she has landed akwardly when jumping down from the top level in the cage. She refuses to use the stool to get down like Biscuit does, she jumps straight down onto laminate floor and skids to a halt, hence part of the reason why they are never actually fastened into the cage anymore.

In this instance, I am not rushing straight around to the vet as the fund is well and truely dry right now, but she had an injury to a back toe last year that healed on it's own with no intervention from the vet. I will keep an eye on her and if I think it is affecting her appetite, weeing/pooing, I will take her in. She is currently munching on a bit of spring green and I saw her have a drink half an hour ago.

Yes she did Jane. Is that another sign of a reaction?? I was looking all through her fur for a bald patch like Biscuits or any sign of swelling or a lump, but never thought about her legs :roll:

yes i think it could be a reaction from the vhd, people have mentioned it quite a few times even though there vets knoe nothing about it

Cookie&Twix said:
Yes she did Jane. Is that another sign of a reaction?? I was looking all through her fur for a bald patch like Biscuits or any sign of swelling or a lump, but never thought about her legs :roll:

VHD 'Limp' can occur. I have been told BY A VET that it is due to the oil based vaccine coming into contact with the nerves effecting the front legs. It usually resolves in 24-48 hours.

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
Cookie&Twix said:

VHD 'Limp' can occur. I have been told BY A VET that it is due to the oil based vaccine coming into contact with the nerves effecting the front legs. It usually resolves in 24-48 hours.

Janex

Thank-you soooooo much Jane, such a wealth of information! I was getting worrried about the little princess, but she is happy in herself, so will keep a close eye on her for another 24 hours or so.

Back