• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who runs a Rescue on here?

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Just interested.

When i first came on it seemed to be a lot less than it is now :D
So when did you start rescuing & why?

Don't know how you guys do it - I just foster & I'm worn out :lol:

ME AND MY SIS TRACEY .... :)
WELL WE RUN THE RABBIT PART OF IT ..... WE ARE PART OF A BIGGER RESCUE THAT ALSO HELPS CATS , DOGS AND BIRDS

BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER 2 YRS NOW .

CANT REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW WE STARTED ...A GOOD IDEA SORT OF ROLLERBALLED INTO WHAT WE DO NOW......
PERSONALY I BLAME TRACEY :roll: :lol:

GETS US DOWN SOMETIMES ....CAUSES ALSORTS OF AGRO WITH OHS AND NEIGBOURS ....BUT CANT IMAGINE NOT DOING IT NOW :D

I organise the guinea pig side of ARC, although I do foster rabbits for the rabbit side of ARC and do quite a number of pairings up of rabbits as well.

I started fostering rabbits almost 9 years ago, and now have fostered for 3 different rescues.

bunnymadhouse said:
ME AND MY SIS TRACEY .... :)
WELL WE RUN THE RABBIT PART OF IT ..... WE ARE PART OF A BIGGER RESCUE THAT ALSO HELPS CATS , DOGS AND BIRDS

BEEN DOING IT FOR OVER 2 YRS NOW .

CANT REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW WE STARTED ...A GOOD IDEA SORT OF ROLLERBALLED INTO WHAT WE DO NOW......
PERSONALY I BLAME TRACEY :roll: :lol:

GETS US DOWN SOMETIMES ....CAUSES ALSORTS OF AGRO WITH OHS AND NEIGBOURS ....BUT CANT IMAGINE NOT DOING IT NOW :D[/quote]
I can understand the problems sometimes with O/H because of possible clash of priorities, but neighbours? Why would they get umpty about it?

Her buns thump in the night :?

Which reminds me - I need some more carpet too - I'll try & blag you some Angie :D

I run a rescue..sort of fell into it about 18 months ago after seeing how rabbits were not prioritised by lots of rescues :shock:
now taken over my life!
Couldn't do it without the help of fosterers, transporters etc....including you Angie! :D

I started the rescue about 6 yrs ago on a very small scale like one or 2 from the vet now it has grown alot and I can have anything upto 30 in at any one time and I still manage to run the rescue myself from home and do vet visits, home visits, school talks oh and work fulltime as well. If I had known how much time hard work and neglected buns were coming in then I would of deffinately been shocked

elaine said:
I started the rescue about 6 yrs ago on a very small scale like one or 2 from the vet now it has grown alot and I can have anything upto 30 in at any one time and I still manage to run the rescue myself from home and do vet visits, home visits, school talks oh and work fulltime as well. If I had known how much time hard work and neglected buns were coming in then I would of deffinately been shocked

OMG! You work fulltime with 30 buns :shock: i'll stop moaning about my lot then :lol:

I can understand the problems sometimes with O/H because of possible clash of priorities, but neighbours? Why would they get umpty about it?

They thump . :shock: :? :evil:

one neighbour in particular is realy pi :censored: :censored: ed about it .

had a big row and now we dont talk at all .

last saturday night i was outside at 2.30 in morning , in my dressing gown , trying to sut em up :shock: :?

Angie

Awwwwwwwwwwwww cant you knit them little booties, to sound proof the thumps :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I first brought Harley home he thumped all the first night and I barely slept because I was so worried about him :oops: One of my neighbours 'had a polite word' with me too, but thankfully he gave it up after that - I think he must have just been unsettled :?

I don't think bunny thumping is that loud - it woke me up with Harley because I was half awake worried about the pair of them anyway, but my OH couldn't never hear it, even when I got him to listen for it and I could hear it! Some people just like something to moan about :roll:

Morrigan1981 said:
I don't think bunny thumping is that loud

I have to disagree on that one. My neighbour has rabbits in tiny hutches :( right against our fence... I might add they're right by the back of our house but as far away from her house as they could manage :roll:

They don't thump very often but when they do it sounds like someone kicking a ball hard against our wall / fence - and that's what I hear with my windows shut! They wake my dad up when they do it (partly because he has to sleep with a window open or he gets all bunged up and can't breath) so I can understand that if that was regularly happening it would cause a problem :?

I can also see it from the rabbit owners point of view and wish I could come up with a suggestion to stop it being a problem :wink:

They thump . :shock: :? :evil:

one neighbour in particular is realy pi :censored: :censored: ed about it .

had a big row and now we dont talk at all .

last saturday night i was outside at 2.30 in morning , in my dressing gown , trying to sut em up :shock: :?

Angie

Awww, bless em, they cant help thumping, its just a natural thing :lol: !

Some people will moan about anything! My neighbours complained about my cats WALKING through their garden. They had not poo'ed or pee'ed or done anything really just walked through and flattened their grass leaving a" definate trail" they even had me go round there to have a look :shock: !

They then decided to put chopped up carpet edging with the little tacks facing upwards in the border between our gardens to deter them going in!.........
Then i decided to report them to the RSPCA :D
Havent spoken since! :evil:

tigerbabe said:
Morrigan1981 said:
I don't think bunny thumping is that loud

I have to disagree on that one. My neighbour has rabbits in tiny hutches :( right against our fence... I might add they're right by the back of our house but as far away from her house as they could manage :roll:

Aww, bless them :( How many of them are there? I guess Harley's thumping didn't seem so bad to us as there was just the one of him but I can see they it wouldbe worst if there is more than one bun stamping away.. :shock:

I suppose it depends on the hutch and bedding set up too.. the hutch I have doesn't sound too bad because it's well insulated with a thick layer of straw and I think Angie uses carpet to muffle the sound a bit. If your neighbours just put down a thin layer of sawdust or similar then it'll probably sound much, much worse :(

I do. Got started about 14 months ago when I took some rabbits and guinea pigs in for fostering and realised that I couldn't let them go without having control of the situation as the rehoming policy was not up to my standards. Becoming a rescue was the only way forward. I couldn't have predicted how big it would get in such a short time though :?

Morrigan1981 said:
Aww, bless them :( How many of them are there? (

They have 3 hutches, one has a rabbit and guinea pig in and the others have one rabbit in each :(
They never come out of the hutches and I'd say they're only 3ft double storey hutches. I feel so sorry for them, I used to keep an eye on them through a little knot hole in the fence :oops: but they moved the hutches a couple of months ago and I can't see in them now... maybe they found out I was being nosey :oops:

I can see into the garden if I stand on my toilet (found that out when I had an injured bird in my garden that flew away when the wildlife rescue lady tried to catch it, and I was trying to see if he was in one of the other gardens :roll: ) and last time I heard the thumping I had a look and there was a fox in front of the hutches :shock:
So it's no surprise the poor things thump... I've got a feeling it's just the one that's right against our fence that does it though.

My 2 have carpet on top of their hutch and I've heard them thump up there and it does seem to muffle it.

Maybe I should sit down and invent something for the mum's of all the thumping hutch bunnies, so they don't have to worry about upsetting the neighbours. Don't think I'd get very far :oops: but if someone did come up with a solution I wonder how well it would sell :?:

Back