• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So angry at my other half...

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
....who put the rabbits away yesterday evening and forgot to bolt the hutch door. I went out to feed them this morning and walked round the corner straight into Mable and Milo....I dont know who was more shocked, me or them.

Fortunatley Mables love of food made her very easy to catch....I just put the bowl down, but I had to chase Milo for a good 10 minutes before catching him under the hutch. Our garden is completely open, they can get onto the road and street very easily....God only knows how long they have been out.

To top it off an urban fox lives on our road and we know it comes in our garden, we saw its paw prints in the snow. I feel sick thinking about what could have happened, Im just so thankful they stayed in the garden.

I also missed my bus and was late getting Boo to the vets, so had to explain what happened...I feel terrible...I will never trust him with them again. :? :(

My heart was in my mouth...in my whole life thats the first time my buns have got out. Im so careful with them padlocks the works. He tried to tell me he bolted the door but its a lavender lodge with a very dodgy bent bolt..once its locked its damn hard to open!

My ex once put my gorgeous unspayed 5 month old girlie with an un-neutered bun someone had just got in. I COMPLETELY couldn't understand it - I mean I rambled on about accidental litters for months before he did it, but he just "didn't think". I got lucky that time, - he didn't! :lol:

Sooz22 said:
....who put the rabbits away yesterday evening and forgot to bolt the hutch door. I went out to feed them this morning and walked round the corner straight into Mable and Milo....I dont know who was more shocked, me or them.

Fortunatley Mables love of food made her very easy to catch....I just put the bowl down, but I had to chase Milo for a good 10 minutes before catching him under the hutch. Our garden is completely open, they can get onto the road and street very easily....God only knows how long they have been out.

To top it off an urban fox lives on our road and we know it comes in our garden, we saw its paw prints in the snow. I feel sick thinking about what could have happened, Im just so thankful they stayed in the garden.

I also missed my bus and was late getting Boo to the vets, so had to explain what happened...I feel terrible...I will never trust him with them again. :? :(

Book O/H into Vets for the chop................... :p :p

Men............ :roll:

Janex

I am so pleased that your buns are ok, Men just "dont think" at all! you should try locking him in the hutch for the night :lol:

Bavarian Bunny said:
Oh wow, glad the bunnies are ok. :shock:

But you can't blame men, they are not programmed to think about details. :D

Sometimes I don't think they're programmed to think of very much at all, and definitely not two things at once, so putting the rabbits away AND bolting the door was probably too much for him to cope with :roll:

kayjay said:
Bavarian Bunny said:
Oh wow, glad the bunnies are ok. :shock:

But you can't blame men, they are not programmed to think about details. :D

Sometimes I don't think they're programmed to think of very much at all, and definitely not two things at once, so putting the rabbits away AND bolting the door was probably too much for him to cope with :roll:

Men can think of two things at once. Usually sex and food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Janex

so angry at my O/H

You forgot football :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh! and looking at page 3 :lol: fast cars :lol: how clever they are :lol: how stoopid women are :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aww, glad they are OK and you managed to get them back in the hutch safely.

My next door neighbours came out one evening whilst I was feeding Jenny and told me that I had gone to work and left the door unbolted and he had to climb over and lock it again :shock: I couldn't believe it, I felt sooo guilty about it :(

I was really careful after that and then one afternoon I was sat in the kitchen and actually watched Jen carefully rattling the door until the bolt had popped open - the little minx! :eek: I brought her straight in, nipped down to Wickes and she now has three bolts on each door (one top and bottom, and the original centrally placed ones) and a padlock on each! :roll:

I hope your day gets better x

Lol. Man bashing what fun!

He hasnt yet apologised...he was sulking for being dragged out of bed to help me catch them :roll: but he will. If he wants Dinner. Sex. Television. Beer etc.

Tracie- If the bolt was straight I would more than happily believe that they had worked it open but its not....its very hard to undo even with hands and fingers!

I think I should castrate him and lock him in the hutch....more room for the buns in the house anyway :lol: :lol:

:shock: You must have been fuming! Very pleased the bunnies are safe and sound though.
I'm so lucky with my o/h as he is very thoughtful and extremely careful of the bunnies. I never thought I'd trust anyone with my precious babies, but i do trust him. Must remember to be extra nice to him :)

Excuse me...MAN IN THE ROOM!!!!!
I must confess I didn't shut our giant and french lop
in one night when they lived in the kitchen. In the morning
came down and they'd had a ball in the lounge chewing
through phone cables and talk about poo! It was like looking
at a negative of the stars at night!
Glad yours are safe.

Back