• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know this has been done before but...

buddabun

Warren Veteran
Bar biting -

WHY DO THEY DO IT!

Jack has plenty of hay, isn't bored or frustrated (she runs up to bed of her own accord), isn't hungry and her teeth are perfect!

WHY would she bit on the bars. She has chewed the white coating right off the bars (I didn't know it could come off!) and wakes me up every morning with it, and stops me sleeping at night because of it (morning might be hunger but I give them a treat before bedtime so she shouldn't be hungry at night).

Any ideas? It's driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To stop Barney bless him, I used to tie wrap apple branches to the inside on the cage, where he used to bite, or I'd cut a slit in a toilet/kitchen roll and hang that over the bars :lol: :lol: :lol: Both did work :D

Like this

IMG_3638.jpg

genius! I'll try that. I'm worried that she'll either hurt her teeth on the metal bars or bite straight through them and hurt herself even more!!!! Bless her

will try the loo roll thing tonight. thanks!

TANTRUMS!!! Thumps does it when he has to go back into his indoor cage- he much prefers it to stay by the fire!!! :) :lol: He is fine after a bit though once he realises he has veggies in his hutch he calms down :)

newthump1.jpg

buddabun said:
genius! I'll try that. I'm worried that she'll either hurt her teeth on the metal bars or bite straight through them and hurt herself even more!!!! Bless her

Ive added a piccy too, you are very welcome :D :D

bless!!!!! so cute.

jack decides when it's bed time and they sometimes wait by the door to the attic to be let up to bed. very adorable but i don't think she's angry. she tends to thump a LOT so I reckon that'd be the first clue.

Ali said:
buddabun said:

Ive added a piccy too, you are very welcome :D :D

very nice! will have to track down some fruit branches - are crab apple trees ok?!

mumofthumps said:
TANTRUMS!!! Thumps does it when he has to go back into his indoor cage- he much prefers it to stay by the fire!!! :) :lol: He is fine after a bit though once he realises he has veggies in his hutch he calms down :)

Max too :roll: He twangs the bars of his cage if I shut him in there to do the hoovering or something and makes as much noise as he can!! :roll:

Back