• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

neglected bun

fifi0529

Alpha Buck
not sure if this is in the right place but there is a bunny out the back from me who seems totally neglected. there is no run, the bunny seems to be kept in a hutch all the time. i have never seen anyone out at the hutch. from what i can tell it hasn't been cleaned out since before xmas :cry: . there is plastic sheeting on the top of the hutch but it never seems to be put down to keep out the wind and rain. there is a bag of food kept under the hutch so will get soaked. obviously i don't watch constantly and am only looking from a distance but all the above is from what i can see.

was thinking of putting leaflets thru door but am not sure coz they would know someone had been watching their garden. any advice?

fi x

Could you just ask them if you could have the bunny, they may be please to "get rid" :(

Have you seen the bunny recently? Seems a silly thing to ask but my nephew was concerned that nobody ever went to see his friend's bun only to find the poor bun had passed away a month or so previously, hence the lack of attention and cleaning out.

Presuming the bun is still ok, maybe you could have a friendly word if/when you see them next.
Poor bun :cry:

Bex said:
Have you seen the bunny recently? Seems a silly thing to ask but my nephew was concerned that nobody ever went to see his friend's bun only to find the poor bun had passed away a month or so previously, hence the lack of attention and cleaning out.

Presuming the bun is still ok, maybe you could have a friendly word if/when you see them next.

yeah i saw it yesterday. i don't know the people, i can just see the hutch from my bedroom window. am worried bout the wee thing.

fi x

Could you look after it until you find it a new home? Is there a rescue near you?

In all honesty it doesnt sound like leaflets will help, the bunn needs help getting out of there :cry:

fifi0529 said:
Bex said:

yeah i saw it yesterday. i don't know the people, i can just see the hutch from my bedroom window. am worried bout the wee thing.

fi x

Aww poor little thing, I'm not really sure what to suggest like you said it's a difficult situation, hopefully somebody will have some wisdom to share.

Angie65 said:
Leaflets & if no improvemet in the next week, could you report it?

yeah i could try. there is an sspca centre not far from me. would they come out even if i only have suspicions?

fi x

fifi0529 said:
Angie65 said:
Leaflets & if no improvemet in the next week, could you report it?

yeah i could try. there is an sspca centre not far from me. would they come out even if i only have suspicions?

fi x

yes they would- they have too legally. I think I would be tempted to go straight for the inspector...even if they leave the bun with them a visit from the SSPCA might scare them into taking better care of him.

Back