• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BUNNY WEIGHTS

BirdieBun

Wise Old Thumper
I recently got Bambi weighed she was 2.76kg and should be 2.5kg so slightly over weight :oops:

Little Man when he got weighed he had gone thin and he weighed 2.25kg.

Both my buns are dwarf lops.

What are your bunny breeds and weight?

Thought this may be interesting :D

Jen is a Magpie cross and currently weights 2.2kg at six months old. She was weighed at the vets last week and he thought that was a good weight for a bun of her build :D

I only know Alex cos he's a BIG NZ White. He's 5.6kg. Vet says that's ok, but he can't get any bigger. Problem is he's lazy & greedy :lol:

My French Lop X is 5.5kg, but looks slightly bigger than Alex length wise

Here are my bunnies weights

Nell (2.6kg) Dutch :oops:
Sumi (2.3kg) Dutch
Marcy (1.8kg) Dutch
Clover (2.5kg) Dutch :oops:
Archie (2.2kg) Silver Fox

First thing my vet does when he sees each of them! His scales weight the 0.00 but I've forgotten the exact figures!

Fiona

When I first brought Audrey (standard rex) home she weighed a whopping 4kg, she was a proper fatty :shock:

At her last weigh in she was about 2.5kg if i remember rightly and that was a bit too much weight loss so I had to increase her pellets slightly. I dont know what she weighs now, perhaps a little more than 2.5kg but she looks healthy.

omg i find this very inetersting wow audrey was a whopper amazing how you have got her weight down that much :thumb:

angie omfg 5.6kg wow :lol:

your dutches all seem healthy weights Fiona :D

how does everyone weigh there rabbits? I've just tried to weigh Barney and Roxy on my weight watchers scales and they just kept turning off!

Bif my lionhead cross ( descriptionthe rescue gave anyhow!) is 2.65kg and very tubby..

big old bertie my frenchie is 7kg to just under 7kg deopending onif bif hasleft him anything to eat! :shock: :lol:

im changing them over to allen and page natural rabbit pellets and theyre trying to avoid them lol..and the hay isnt being ate its been hoovered..and sat on and pooed all over no matter what i do..the hay rack got folded up and thrown by a bad tempered bertie..he has sore hocks right now and is miserable..im going to pop some metacam on a bit of dried cranberry for him later..

ive been told bif mUST go on a diet..berties ok but musnt gain naymore cos of his joints..

whats the saying..move your fork as much as you move your feet?
Mmm anyone else got a frenchie that seems to be a rug? :lol: and a litler bun who cant get fenchie to move with her so shes resorted to playing with cats who then become tocrazxy and she has to hide till they calm down? maybe i should get her a baby bunny.thatd wear her out!! :lol:

our Lola is a frenchie and she varies between 6.25kg and 6.5kg - she is more like a small dog really

Gus is a largish lop - he last weighed 3kg when weighed but that was a while ago and he has slimmed down so i estimate 2.5kg

i havent actually weighed Frida as it would be too traumatic for my poor hands :lol: but she's probably just over 2kg and in perfect shape

no idea how much Bracken weighs but she needs to lose a little as she is a lazy bones now she is enjoying her retirement :)

Zeb on the other hand is really skinny and although i'm not sure of his weight, he probably weighs less than 2kg and he is quite large - but he is so active he burns off everything i feed him

Fudge: Satin... is usually between 3.6 and 4.0kg
Caramel: French angora: 3.5kg
Twinkle: lionlop: 2.0kg
Splodge: dwarf lop x english: dread to think how much as he's been living with Sugarplum who's been on unlimited pellets as a baby :shock:
Sugarplum: Still growing Frenchie: 4.6kg

I dread to think how much Bertie weighs :oops:

He was 2.25 kgs when I took him and Ted to be neutered last year, but they have grown sooooo big, Teddy looks average but Bertie is my biggest bunny and heaviest!

Would love to know how much he weighs but daren't ask the vets incase they charge me :lol:

at the vets last week buzz was "ideal weight" and he's a dwarf lop. not bad considering a month ago he was slightly over, must have got it bout right now with his food.

Mine are tiny compared to everyone's. Horatio is a lionhead and weighs 1.2kg and Snowy is a mini lop and weighs 1.6kg. My guinea pig is almost as heavy as Horatio I think. I did worry that they were underweight but my vet says they're fine.

rineyroo said:
Mine are tiny compared to everyone's. Horatio is a lionhead and weighs 1.2kg and Snowy is a mini lop and weighs 1.6kg. My guinea pig is almost as heavy as Horatio I think. I did worry that they were underweight but my vet says they're fine.

awwww they are teeny :love:

Hobbes and Dexter weigh 1.9kg, Phoebe is 2.2kg and Amber weighs 2.5kg. I weigh mine in the pet carrier and then weigh the carrier on its own and subtract it from the weight of the two together.

Back