• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home needed for Peter (girl) rabbit - 6 year old

I'm pm about having this put in Rabbits In Need but for now, can anyone help?

You might remember me posting about Peter previously. Basically she is owned the nephew of one of Gails friends (we shall call her M). Peter is 6, a biggish rex cross. She has lived in a small hutch all her life and although she's been fed and cleaned out that's about as far as it goes. Peter lives at M's dads house and the kids arent really bothered about her. She had mites a few months ago and I got them to take her to the vets - these have been succesfully treated.

I've been trying to get them to rehome Peter for a long time and they have finally rung us tonight and said that they want to let her go.

She's got "the runs" and they are sick of cleaning her up. She's not actually got diahorrea - she's getting a sticky bum and because she's biggish she cant clean herself too well. Her teeth were checked out a few months ago and were ok. Her diet isnt too adequate - mostly a mix and until I found out about Peter a year ago she wasnt getting hay at all - they weren't aware that she needed it! She does get hay now but I doubt she gets enough.

Gail says we cant take Peter in - we havent got any room indoors and our new garden is like a festival field until the builders put a soakaway in. If all else fails we might be able to have her for a week or so at the most. Can any rescues offer Peter a place? Or even better, can anyone offer her the forever home she really needs and deserves? Temprament wise -she's a little timid and not too keen on being picked up but she's not bad tempered. She hasnt been vaccinated or neutered - if we do take her for a week or so we will get her vaccinated. She's lived outside all her life but apparently she does go in one corner of her hutch so I dare say she's be easy to litter train. She is black with a biggish dewlap.

Thanks

Sarah :)

Back