• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help on choosing a good play house for my buns.

Thanks for the vid, they look great. Willbe saving up to get that one or hopfully one will pop up on ebay thast not miles away from me :D

I have a 4ft square play house from focus, its currently £110 but if you can get an oap to buy it for you they get 10% off on certain days of the week. Its ideal if space is tight :wink:

How many buns live in your play house. I will have 5 living in so looking for something there not pushing each other around in so i can also add a shelf in to :D

Just to let you know I hunted everywhere in the north east for the kitty playhouse and they said it was discontinued. I know you can order it online, but it was going to take about 5 weeks. I ended up getting the daisy den from www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk (but they don't seem to have it anymore, have only had mine a few weeks!)

Thanks for the info Gem. I really like the one from focus and i'll be able to afford it a few months. I could still get the kitty one if i ordered it a few moths before there due to be bonded. No ones going in it anyway, i'm keeping as neuteral territory to bond the 5 together and then they can be in there permantly :D

Kezza30 said:
How many buns live in your play house. I will have 5 living in so looking for something there not pushing each other around in so i can also add a shelf in to :D

mmm, I only have Trinny and Smokie in there, although they do have enough space I think 5 might be a bit tight, never mind.

Have you tried local garden centres? They often have sheds of all sizes. My friend got a great deal on an ex display shed, it just needed a lick of paint and it was great, it was loads cheaper than brandnew :wink:

Yeah i've looked on ebay, some good 6ft ones cheap but they live over 100miles away, closest one to me is in south yorksire but i don't drive so impossible :(

Is your run going to be permentately open?
If so I dont personally think you need to worry about the size of the playhouse so much as they wouldnt be locked in it.

A shed about 6 x 4ft would be ideal, but it could be smaller if the run is always open.

Defiently shop around though....Ive seen 4 x 4 playhouses for £80 before

Yes i'm having a permanent run for them all. I have a 6ft long run which will be on paving slabs permantly for use and a further 8ft on the grass for day time use connected by a lockable door my dad is kindly building for me :D

I might have the possibility of a wendy house for £45, someones sellign one around my area and i'm going to have a look on Saturday. Fingers crossed it's what i'm looking for, :D will be better than what i have now, the wind makes it very hard trying to put the cover over at night.

Me to just have to persude my dad to give me a lift and get it, but he's being a pain and is of now refusing :( She says it's in good condition for it's age and won't need much attention a new coat of paint and i'll probably add some new roofing but for £45 it's a good bargain and i can use the money i save to spruce it up buy slabs and get the wood for my new run which still works out cheaper :D

Back