• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Emily's getting spayed on Friday! U/D She's feeling better

TheGaffer

Mama Doe
I can't cope with her hormonal behaviour any more so she's booked in for Friday!

When we got her she was a bit podgy, so she's been on hay only since Thursday and I can alreadly see the weight that's come off her, so hopefully by Friday the vet will be happy to spay her!

She is driving me crazy, circling my legs, nipping me when she wants attention. And when I stroke her she sticks her rear end at me :shock:

She's just sprayed urine on my ankles and then licked it off!! :shock: :?

Emily needs vibes for Friday please......

Nicola

Awww, lots of good luck vibes for Emily :love:

I remember when Jen hit puberty - she kept diving on my lap and nipping at my legs, arms... :shock:

I hope it all goes well :love:

Well I dropped her off this morning and she wasn't very happy with me. :( She was grunting her head off in the vets!!

They're going to have a peek at her teeth aswell while she's under.

I've got to phone at 2pm.....

Nicola

Anxious isnt it??!

Muppet's in being neutered/chipped today. His little face looked worried when I left him :( I have to ring at 1pm.

She's home and she's feeling very sorry for herself :(

I think she's fallen out with me :(

Vibes for poo please....

Nicola

Hi im sure she will be fine. We had our randy bun Boo snipped yesterday and he is already much better....he hasnt eaten a lot since he got here which although he needs to lose weight is a bit worrying but today he tucked into a bowl of spinach and rocket which was great to see.

Poo vibes your way :lol:

Glad to hear Emily is now back home with you.

Sending lots of juicy poo vibes her way..........................

Su.x

Poor girl!! She's sat hunched up on a towel in the front room, poor love, she's eaten a little bit, she's not drinking, and no poo yet..... :( She had metacam and maxalon at the vets. They did say she'd bled quite a bit during surgery because she's still a bit porky.

I just knew this would happen. This is the 4th doe we've spayed and had no probs with any of the others. Although the other 3 were 6months old when we had them done and Emily's 2yrs. Do you think that makes a difference??

Nicola

TheGaffer said:
Poor girl!! She's sat hunched up on a towel in the front room, poor love, she's eaten a little bit, she's not drinking, and no poo yet..... :( She had metacam and maxalon at the vets. They did say she'd bled quite a bit during surgery because she's still a bit porky.

I just knew this would happen. This is the 4th doe we've spayed and had no probs with any of the others. Although the other 3 were 6months old when we had them done and Emily's 2yrs. Do you think that makes a difference??

Nicola

Dont panic, its very early days. I have had lots of Does MUCH older than 2 spayed. The eldest being a 10 year old with a Pyometra. As long as Emily is nice and warm and has nibbled a bit just allow her to rest. As hard as it is TRY not to be stressed around her. They really do pick up on our anxieties. Leave small amounts of her fave food within easy reach. A too big-a-pile of grub can put a post GA Bun off. Grated Apple+Carrot is often popular, or some thinly sliced dark Spring Greens. She will probably perk up in the early hours. Warmth really will help.

Janex

Oh bless her :( I'm sure she'll pick up soon, sending lots of vibes. If you don't have a snugglesafe and would like to borrow one just let me know :thumb: Here's hoping for some poo soon x

Thanks,

I've just syringed her about 10mls of water with Bio-Lapis in.

She has pooed and wee'd a bit on the towel, she's just not moved so she's sat in it! And she grunts if I touch her.

She got some veg and hay within reach, and a bowl of water.

If you don't have a snugglesafe and would like to borrow one just let me know
Thankyou, its warm in the room so I'm hoping she'll be ok.

Nicola

Twinkle didnt really move the first night. Just alternated between sitting and laying. Didnt really eat/drink/poo. All started to slowly get better the next day.

Sure everything is going to be fine x

i would just keep her warm and quiet .
we had a bun spayed on tuesday and shes just perked up today .

the girlies always take a bit longer than the boys .

Angie

Back