• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

French Lops

This is Chester, my gorgeous boy!!
2006_12040013.jpg

He is just over a year now and I love him to bits. Pam

:lol: um BIG!!
Berties been with us since 1st september last year..he was 18 months old when we got him and he is a small french lop really..he weighed 12lbs then..ermmm

hes now 15lb 1oz..or about 7kg...his back feet are 6 inches long and over 2 inches wide..his tail is a stonking 3 inches long! Next to Bif in photos he doesnt look big..but its deceptive..best thing is compare their skulls..then you realise BIG!!

heres a very ad pic of him last year in the arms of my 22 yr old daughter whos 5ft 6 and weighs about 12 stone..shes very ill with M.E and housebound and held this pose for a few seconds long enough for me to press click!

meholdingbertie.jpg

and this is Bif giving her man..bertie a wash..look at size difference and also consider shes a big gal..2.65kg..about the size of a hefty dwarf lop i reckon..
so how big do frenchies get..um some ive heard of at 24lbs.. :shock:

bifwashingbertie2.jpg

:oops: my niece dropped in to see me quickly..she knows bif but has never seen ertie in the flesh..she said his body s bigger than her srpinger spaniels..give him long legs hed be bigger than her dog full stop.. :oops:

aww but i love him..bertie the were rabbit :lol:

Aah! Frenchies they are so lovely. Great to see all the photos of those big buns. Anymore? I just love seeing them.Pam. :D

our Lola is around 14lbs - 15lbs most of the time although she puts weight on in winter and loses it when she runs around more in the summer

she is ruining my back though - at the moment she keeps on climbing up the stairs to our bedroom and cant quite figure out how to get back down so i have to carry her down every morning - o the pain :lol:

:shock: frenchies do move then..the only stairs bertie tackles is his "doggy steps" to get on and off the settee!!
bad back..yes its the first thing owners should be warned of! :lol:
thats why i have a pet carrier on wheels id never manage a cat carrier with them two in it let alone bertie by himself!

am I the only one who doesn't understand weight in pounds? :lol: :oops: Sugarplum is 6 months old now and weighs 4.6kg :D
feb07049.jpg

Yes, this is Chance. He had to have his front teeth removed over a year ago and is so happier for it. He is such a good natured little boy. He follows the dogs everywhere and sits as close to them as he can. His big pleasure in life is being stroked and as soon as you put your hand out he rushes across the room.

2006_07300108.jpg

I have an English Lop and they are smaller than French he is 5kg and bigger than the cat. Here he is with my dog whos a cocker spaniel. I cant fit him in the cat basket to go to the vet so he sits on the front seat of the car. His litter tray is extra large and he still takes up most of it and he lives in a childs summer house. No hutch would be big enough. But so chilled and cuddly.

Jun0407.jpg

twins.jpg

Back