• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Securing the play house- please help

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Audrey is going to have to move outside soon (ex thinks her being in will put of buyers :roll: ) and I wanted her to able to use the playhouse and run during the day, but obviously it has to be like a fortress...so please help!

This is what it looks like:
S4010278-crop2.jpg

i have weld mesh I can put on the run and it currently has hooks attaching it to the playhouse but Im not convinced they are strong enough...what else could I use which is easily detachable?? :?

And then there is the problem of the grass and a fox being able to dig in...I cant lay paving as we are moving house and for that same reason I cant really dig up the turf and lay wire underneath...Im not sure about putting mesh on top of the grass as she is a rex and is prone to sore hocks! :?

To be honest Im terrifed of her being out there without me around but I dont want her to be miserable in the summer house and it will give her something to do and enjoy being outside i think.

thanks x

Mandy could you perhaps put a piece of plywood or boarding under the run ? Could you buy big carriage bolts to secure the run to the Play House ? Maybe this might help Im not a DIYer. xxx :D

I used a really thick plywood type base :? temporarily on the bottom of a run - I'm not a diy-er either, but you can see it in the piccie below :D

whee2.jpg

My hubbie attached it to the run, and it had an overlap at the sides, so the run almost sat on top of it, but couldn't move.

Big brackets between the run and playhouse would make it a bit securer too.

Do you get a lot of viewings? You could leave her indoors and just put her in the playhouse during viewings? Not sure what your indoor setup looks like and how difficult it is to hide it every time.

Phill uses large hole chicken wire and you could then put bark chippings on top to make it softer

ps I don't think one rabbit in a small crate would put many buyers off, it's not like you have a warren :wink:

kayjay said:
Phill uses large hole chicken wire and you could then put bark chippings on top to make it softer

ps I don't think one rabbit in a small crate would put many buyers off, it's not like you have a warren :wink:

Yes, I think dogs are the biggest problem when trying to sell a house. You can actually smell a dog when you view a house. Cats are also a problem, because a lot of people are allergic to them and their allergens are extremely difficult to get rid of (they don't settle down in the dust but tend to stay in the air). Rabbits don't smell much and all you'd have to do is clean up the mess around the cage. And maybe put the cage in a place where it does not spoil the best features of the house. I've watched House Doctor a lot.... :oops: :lol:

kayjay said:

Thats what i said...but his Mums said she has always thought it was unhygenic :roll: So I told him its not at all apart from when I used to stir Audreys poos into his dinner :mrgreen:

To be honest I want the house to sell as soon as possible so will put her outside.

thanks for your suggestions guys x

Bavarian Bunny said:
Do you get a lot of viewings? You could leave her indoors and just put her in the playhouse during viewings? Not sure what your indoor setup looks like and how difficult it is to hide it every time.

That's what we did - god it was a pain :lol: That's probably as you say though, the amount of 'stuff' we had indoors :wink: I was having to leave work about two hours before viewings to turn the bunny room into a spare bedroom :lol:

I'd leave Audrey inside, and just put her out during viewings - that's what I did with my housebun Sh!tty.

It was pretty easy to do...just make sure you hoover up any stray poops!

Amy

We showed our old house to prospective tennants with two dogs and three rabbits - the rabbits were in the garage so people had to use their imagination on how many cars you can fit in if there weren't rabbit playhouses there :wink: and the dogs spent the night at my in-laws or got taken out for a long walk by my OH.

Caz

mandy said:
kayjay said:

Thats what i said...but his Mums said she has always thought it was unhygenic :roll: So I told him its not at all apart from when I used to stir Audreys poos into his dinner :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

mandy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

abbymarysmokey said:
I'd leave Audrey inside, and just put her out during viewings - that's what I did with my housebun Sh!tty.

It was pretty easy to do...just make sure you hoover up any stray poops!

Amy

you called your rabbit that?

:lol: Yes, she's called Sh!tty. :lol:

She was called Mary by the rescue centre where we got her, but I thought Mary was a daft name for a rabbit. The name Sh!tty just sort of evolved...more a description than a name!

We do love her really...Honest :lol:

Amy

Back