• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vaccination costs

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I need to get all four of my bunnies vaccinated for myxy and vhd. My vet charges £20.45 per vaccination. I know some people go to the vaccination clinic in Nuneaton and i was told they charge £12 per vaccination.
Has anyone ever been given a discount at their vet if you buy a few vaccinations at the same time?
Just wondering whether it is fair on the rabbits to take them a longer drive to save money or whether i should ask my local vet for a discount. The local vets receptionists can be a bit funny sometimes :?
I'd also need to buy another pet carrier if i go to Nuneaton so i can take them all on the same day :?

My vet gives a discount for getting both the myxi and the vhd, but this is just once a year, and then the single myxi done six months later - I've only got two buns though, so not sure about discount for bulk buns :D Although sure I read that the new cyclap (vhd) is cheaper in doses of 5 :?

I think you are half way between leic and notts arent you?

You could use the Gamston vets (south notts) which are about £11-£13 per vaccination if i remember rightly, and I would think they would do you a discount.

Otherwise I think they'll be fine going to Nuneaton.

I pay £15 per vaccination at my new savvy vets..
The old vets used to give the mxyi and vhd the same time and charged me about £22 for the both..

I use the PVC and they charge £11.75 for a myxi jab - I asked if I got all 15 done at the same time if they'd give me a discount and was told no :!:

hi

I pay £13.50 for Myxi and £7.50 for VHD (or it could be the other way round :lol: )

and i get a 10% discount for taking all 14 rabbits all in one go :wink:

They all know me in the vets - they must think im some mad rabbit lady :lol:

Thanks, i think i'll ask my vet if i can have a discount and if they say no i'll try PVC or Gamston vets.
Do you know if Pet Vacs clinic or Gamston vets do a general health check at the same time? My vet always checks teeth when they are vaccinated.

The PVC are very good but they are the ones that charged £8 per bun for nail clipping so make sure you ask how much everything costs if you go there! :lol:

I've always found Gamston brilliant for not charging hidden extras, but obviously I cant guarantee it :lol:

Rachel is the best vet there IMO and I always ask for her.

Estelle said:
Has anyone ever been given a discount at their vet if you buy a few vaccinations at the same time?

No but I do get a discount off the VHD vaccinations if the buns go in exactly 2 weeks after having their myxi vacc's done. This is more because the nurse, rather than needing the vet again, can administer the VHD vaccinations. Brings the VHD vaccination price down to £14.20 each.

My vets now charge £21 per vaccination with no discouts for having four done at once. I think i'll take them to PVC at Nuneaton and save myself £80! :shock:

My vets don't give discount, that really annoys me as I spend soooo much money there.

Don't blame you for getting them done cheaper, after all it's the same med.

It takes the bill from £135 to £121.50! :shock:

Still a fair bit of money. The vet's also said I could take them down in 3's so I can do 1 lot this month, the others next month for Myxo. And then the same again for VHD.

Nicola

my old vet charged £12 for Myxi and £13 for VHD but the new one charges £19.25 for each :shock:

Mine charges £17.50. There's a cheaper one which is £13.50 but they're only open 9 - 5:30 so difficult to get to around work!?

Back