• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Change of Environment

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
I am looking at moving house around June time and are wondering how my house-buns would cope with living in a garage for a few months before coming back indoors.

Unfortunately this is looking like being the only option as for now it looks like I will have to move in to my boyfriends parents house for 2/3 months while I find a new house and job and also save some money.

They won't be able to live in the house as I will be taking up all the room with my furniture! But the garage is secure and not too cold.

Will they be ok? Would I have to do anything special for them while they are 'outside'

Long as it's not damp - weather will be milder then - they should be ok :D

Smirnoff sulked for a week though when i moved house, so watch out! :lol: Will they get enough light?

I'm sure they'll be fine, its hard not to worry though isnt it? Audrey is going to be moving out to the summer house once our house goes on the market as the ex thinks people will think it is unhygenic having a rabbit in the kitchen :roll:

I hate the thought of her being outside though as I fear she will be lonely on her own :( I guess I'll just have to wrap up warm and sit out with her :) I didnt want her to be miserable stuck out there, so I plan on securing the playhouse and run so she can go out there in the day and in the summer house at night.

i think your buns may enjoy being in the garage in the summer as it should be nice and cool? I would have thought their crates would still be ok as its summer.

It's a concrete garage so its not damp in there and hopefully will be nice and cool for them if we get a decent summer this year.

It is very worrying with them being 'outside' as i've never left them outside on their own before!

They should get enough light as we'll be getting one of those big puppy pen things so they can have a run around the garden in the evening, plus the garage has a flourescent tube light thing in there so they won't be in the dark all the time.

I said to Simon that if its cold one night we may need to put a blanket over their cage... would that make a difference?

lynda_m said:
I said to Simon that if its cold one night we may need to put a blanket over their cage... would that make a difference?

i think so...with my fosters outside in the summer house I put a duvet over the crate and it made it a bit cosier.

Back