• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinkle- being spayed - U/D WED 28TH

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
My little Twinkle has gone to be spayed this morning. I am so sick with worry.

They wouldnt let Pickle her partner stay with her at the vets so I had to bring him back and leave her alone at the vets.

I took in her fav foods and lots of her hay she loves so hoping she starts eating when she wakes up.

Will phone at 2pm to see how she is, but the vets normally prefer them to stay in overnight (even though no one on duty overnight).

Please send her lots of good wishes vibes x

Good luck with Twinkle. I'd bring her home to be with Pickle rather than leave her there overnight - it would be different if someone was there to check on her but if it were me I'd want her to be with me so I could keep an eye on her.

kayjay said:
Good luck with Twinkle. I'd bring her home to be with Pickle rather than leave her there overnight - it would be different if someone was there to check on her but if it were me I'd want her to be with me so I could keep an eye on her.

If they say she has to stay in they wont let me bring her home :(

fluffiebunnie said:
kayjay said:

If they say she has to stay in they wont let me bring her home :(

She's your rabbit so I'd say you have the final say, if not I'd absolutely insist that Pickle stays with her then, I can't believe a vet won't let the partner stay, you don't want the bond being broken.

I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine though

I agree - they can't refuse to let you take her home! I would strongly recommend you bringing her home if there ae no complications - she is much more likely to start eating at home which is the most important thing. Just remember to keep her indoors.

Try not to worry too much :D

Sending lots of vibes. Be brave...she will be ok. You'll be pleased to get her home and give her the extra attention if she takes a while to get back to eating and drinking.

I've always been lucky with my bunnies during neutering and they have all started to eat quite quickly.

Sending lots of positive thoughts

Fiona x

Vibes going out for Twinkle. I agree wholeheartedly with all the previous replies. What is the point of them having her alone all night at the surgery? In the HIGHLY UNLIKELY event of her taking a turn for the worse during the night it wouldn't be noticed until the surgery was open sometime after 8.30. Insist on taking her home tonight..you can always take her back first thing in the morning if they want to do some checks on her. I know you may find it dificult to "stand up" against a professional(?) but it is important that Twinkle is back with Pickle as soon as possible,and unless there has been an unforeseen reaction during the surgery there is no need for an overnight stay. Sending you some extra "courage of your convictions" vibes as well.

Thank you for all you kind wishes and support for Twinkle :D I phoned the vets at 2.30pm and was told she has made it through the operation. She hasnt eaten on her own yet - they want me to telephone back at 5.30pm.

I hope she eats something as I dont want her kept in overnight with no one to look after her.

Just got home and Pickle looks a bit lost in his run on his own. Think he misses the crazy lady he has lived with for a while now - he will love her more when she is not a temperamental hormonal bun that she was.

Do miss her so.

Didnt say this morning but had nightmares last night about her going to the vets. Was a terrible night's sleep.

I hope she is ok.

I'm sure she's be fine. the vets will have given her some metoclopramide to get her guts going.

Sending vibes...

Nicola

Glad she is OK :D
Yes, check they have given her metaclop and also some pain relief. She is much more likely to eat at home in a familiar situation and you can check on her in the night and offer her her favorite snacks - I would really insist on bringing her home :wink:

Back