• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dreading Today- NED COLLAPSED AGAIN-U/D 1620hrs

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Brian is being neutered. He has an undecended testicle so it will be a bigger op'.....

Katie may have to have a cystotomy as I THINK she has a bladder stone....

Norman is probably not going to be coming home.... :cry: :cry:

Ned's Breathing is not good AGAIN.........

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Ned collapsed half an hour ago. All emergency treatment given. He is now with Bernie, his friend and she is comforting him. I dont know if the emergency treatment will work.

OMG.............. :cry: :cry:

Janex

Thank you for your replies

Ned is now 'stable'-He is in heart failure so will remain on diuretics for however long he has left :cry: It may be just a few days :cry: :cry:

Brian is with Christobel. I am to phone at 2.30pm to see if his neutering went OK

Katie is over in Richmond with Tim. She will have an abdominal X-ray and if stones are seen in her bladder Tim will proceed with cytotomy. HOWEVER, if the X-ray also shows calcification in the Kidneys I have requested that Tim does NOT open Katie up. This is because once uroliths have progressed to the Kidney the condition is 'terminal' and just removing them from the bladder, a BIG op' would do nothing to help Katie :cry: I will just allow her to live out her final days with us and if her bladder symptoms return she will be helped to The Bridge :cry: :cry: So I await a call from Tim to tell me what the X-ray has shown

Norman's heart condition has worsened as I suspected. We are now trying him on two different heart drugs and he will stay on the diuretics too. We dont know if the heart drugs will help or if they will cause an adverse reaction which proves to be fatal. The next few hours will tell....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Some News on Katie- Tim just called and the X-ray revealed lots of sludge but no obvious stones. Her kidneys are fine :) Tim expressed the sludge then re X-rayed Katie. The second X-ray showed significant reduction in the sludge and HOPEFULLY no small stone is lurking in there. For now Katie will not have a cystotomy..........PHEW :) She will be on dietry modification to limit her calcium intake from now on

Janex

Back