• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had a call..3 bunnies need a home- U/D WITH PICTURES

My dad has just rang me, telling me that a lady that lives in a pub needs to rehome her 3 lop eared rabbits as she is moving abroad. He asked me if i knew anyone who would like them otherwise they would be put to sleep next week!!! :cry: What else could i do but say i'll take them and find them a home.

I'm picking them up on Tuesday, so i don't suppose anyone want to rehome some rabbits???
All i know is that there are 3 of them, they are lops and are about 4-5 years old!

all other advice would help too! i've never rehomed animals before.

Jeanette

Yes we have the rspca but the lady said she has already triend them and they are full!!
It's a difficult situation for me as i'm going on holiday soon and i don't know what to do about it :cry: :?

Please neuter them before you rehome them.
It's so sad as all rescues seem to have long waiting lists at the moment ..and sorry to give bad news ..but 3 bunnies together of that age will be hard to home ..also will need a home with lots of space....

Well done for taking them in..you could try ringing some rescues a bit further afield?

Have you tried Kirkby or the rescue in Bramcote? I'd love to help but we have 5 and my mum and dad have 2 so no space i'm afraid. Can you keep them short term?

What a dilemma :? I would have said try Kirkby too, but at that age they're bound to end up their forever, and thats not fair on them or the rescue :?

Thank you everyone for your offers of help!! Don't worry too much about these bunnies, they will have a temporary home with my boyfriend, and i work for a pet sitting company, so if i havn't rehome them by the time i go on holday (in 6 weeks) then they will be well looked after!

I'm guessing they are all females, and they do all live together so it would be a shame to split them up! but like Jill says i know that three 4 year old bunnies will take a long time to re-home!! so maybe seperate homes will have to do!

I will look into more rescues, but i'm just going to wait until i have got them!
I keep thinking to myself, i already have 22 what's 3 more, but i guess it wouldn't go down to well with my mum :lol:

Anyway, thanks again for all your help and advice, and i'll keep you updated, I'm ringing the lady tonight after 6pm and i will hopefully be picking them up tomorrow!

Jeanette

Well done for helping those buns out. If she was really considering having them pts( :shock:) andif they haven't been spayed , I'd be inclined to ask her to help out financially.at least to give the you money it would have cost her to have them pts towards the cost of the spaying.

Thats a good point Capel has made- I also think you should ask for some money...perhaps she could give you the amount it would have cost to put them to sleep :evil:

Explain what they will cost you in terms of neutering, vaccinations, general costs of hay and food etc, and that you are doing her a favour as with 22 buns already you werent intending to have any more.

Yes, you haven't seen the bunnies yet. They may have some other problems, e.g. with their teeth or eyes. That could cost you lots of money.

If they've lived together all their lives, I would not separate them, though. A move to a new home is stressful enough.

Bavarian Bunny said:
Yes, you haven't seen the bunnies yet. They may have some other problems, e.g. with their teeth or eyes. That could cost you lots of money.

If they've lived together all their lives, I would not separate them, though. A move to a new home is stressful enough.

They have been offered a new home, hopefully all to live together! i will see what the reply is and then they should be having a nice and happy retirement home! :D

I will see what sort of situation they are in, and see if i can get some money out of her!

Well i've got them! one day later than planned, but never mind. They were abit dirty, and left out in the rain, so i had a good grooming session..It took me 4 hours to get these buns looking good.

They are all un-neutered boys! I will post a picture of one, before i bathed them and groomed them.

IMG_0367.jpg

And now after 4 hours, nice and clean (but not totally dry lol)

IMG_0394-1.jpg

From left to right i have named them.. Sunset, River and Rain.

IMG_0389.jpg

Sunset
IMG_0397.jpg

River
IMG_0396.jpg

Rain
IMG_0392.jpg

I'm thinking of keeping Rain, getting him neutered and introducing him to my lonely girly..that way the kind lady who has offered them a home isn't landed with a £90 plus neutering bill.
Rain also has a big chunk missing from his ear, where they have been fighting! They don't fight now though, just try to mate with each other ALL the time!!

Jeanette

OMG What beautiful buns :love: :love: .... How could the owner woman consider having those lovely buns pts !!!!
They really are lovely :love: :love:

Back