• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit village in Wales?

starlover

New Kit
Hope i'm asking this in the correct section of the forum but my Auntie swears she saw on the news an article about a bunny village in Wales (possibly Glyndwr) where the rabbits live in little cottages instead of hutches. I looked on the internet and can find no sign of it, is she going mad or does it exist?

I saw that on a map and while we were in Wales, we tried to find the place. There were some farms in that area, but no sign of the bunnies. I thought they were probably closed because it was winter. It was somewhere in north east Wales.

I can't find a website for them, but they are listed under UK attractions on several sites. I found it on my map, it is west of Llangollen in North Wales, near a small town called Corwen and a bit south of Ruthin.

I know where you mean. It's an attraction at a place called Machinations in Llanbrynmair. The Rabbit Village is shown on their website.

I've been there, the guinea pigs had guinea pig sized holes to escape into, and there was a separate, non accessible area to escape from the public. If it wasn't for the piggy-bunny housing I'd say it was pretty good.

Just read the site 'Being outdoors all year round is good for rabbits as the cold prevents some diseases from spreading'??? Is that true?

Back