• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HARRY .....................

I have been fostering Harry for a while for Jill (Honeybunnys) Jill picked him up this morning to take him to a permanent home. I was going to be soooo brave, but as I held him and said goodbye I cried like a baby, and when Jill took him I cried again. She has brought me an older rabbit that has no chance of being taken on.....Bamby. She is such a lovely Bunny, and I have 3 others as well, but as Jill walked by my door with Harry I held Bamby and sobbed.....how stupid..... anyone would think he had died! I don't know what Bamby thought. She was probably thinking 'I hope I don't get my fur this wet every time this woman holds me' I am so silly I know but I get so involved....I'll never change.
I have written this for my Harry.......................

Harry went away today he was found another home
Where he will meet a girlie Bun and no longer be alone,
I'm happy for my Harry, but I really want to say
I love you so my little boy and I'll miss you everyday,
I was tempted to keep you, but I know it wasn't right
You need a girlie Bunny to cuddle up to every night,
I know you were my foster Bun, but we grew closer everyday
You loved to hop around the house, and I loved to watch you play,
You are such a handsome Bun with so much Bunny love to give
It's only right you should have a girl with whom you want to live,
I want to tell you Harry, that you bought me so much joy
I loved your gentle ways, you were my favourite Bunny boy,
I'll always think about you, and although we're now apart
I want you to know Harry that you'll always own my heart.

Mental or what?

Carol.

I'd be exactly the same as you I really would...I fostered a bunny but end up keeping him :D ... I would like to do more fostering but there isn't really a rescue by me that wants foster parents..

Aww.
I could never foster for exactly that reason. I get attached to everything/everyone, I would howl everytime I said goodbye :(

Harry didn't go to a new home today..the lady had Merry! But Harry is staying with Ange at the moment and will be in a new home next Saturday!
He would like to say a big Thank you to Carol for looking after him so well and promises to be a good boy in his new home :D

And Bambi is a lucky girl as I know Carol will spoil her. Bambi is staying a Honeybunny but Carol will be her long term fosterer. :D

This is the hard side of fostering when you get attached then have to say goodbye...but a job very well done by Carol who also has the trio, Monica, Phoebe and Joey at present :D

Good to hear Harry has found a new home, though I can see why you were so sad to see him go, he was my favourite of the current honeybunnies :D And it is a lovely poem :cry:

Good luck in your new home Harry xxx

Defo would be the same. I am fostering my brothers guinea pigs, not planning on keeping then as not kept g pigs before and know nothing about them although brought a few books to help me on my way. They seem much happier now as 2 weeks with auntie becky. I would love to be a fosterer, it would be sad to let them go though!

Aw, poor you :(

I've just recently had to give up fostering cats and rabbits and when I was first fostering i would sob and sob when they left- my first foster cat Doug i nearly kept i loved him so much, but i felt terribly guilty doing so as I wouldnt have been able to continue fostering.

Since then I've found it has got easier and much as Im embarrassed to admit it some have been so annoying I've been almost glad to see them go :lol: My last foster cat Jasper was a real pest and quite stressful to care for as he would constantly follow me begging for food and miowing even when I gave him what he wanted! I kept thinking I'll be glad when he's gone but I did miss him in the end.

i did fail once though...Audrey my rabbit was supposed to going to a new home but she ended up staying :)

Aww glad he has a new forever home. You are a great fosterbunny mummy :D Nice to see you care so very much xx

Back