• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old were you when you.....

got your 1st rabbit????

• 0-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-20

• 21-30

• 31-40

• 41-50

• 51-60

• 61-70

• Total voters
I can't remember the exact age but i think i was around 6 or 7. My parents did all the looking after thing and i just played with them. We had about 4 i think in a huge pen, really big as our garden was massive. Snowball the big white one was the most wild thing i've had and was never tamed. Started off my love for rabbits :D

My dad used to breed rabbits so we had 'pets' but looking back they used to mysteriously 'die' :? so I had my first bun before I was ten, however, I got my first proper rabbit last year when I was 38, having wanted one for about 10 years :)

I didn't get my first bunny until I had my first flat at the age of 25.

I got Berri for my 13th Birthday two and a half years ago. :) She was my first, I don't think I will ever have another one quite like her :cry:

Three months ago I got Porridge. I was 36. I'm now 37 and have had Lailey for I week. :rabbit2: :D :rabbit2:
Also, that picture does'nt do Lailey any justice, must be the light!! She's much prettier :love:

Honey & Harly r my first bunnies, and I got them the beginning of last year, 5 months b4 my 27th birthday :) previously I'd had cats, hamsters, gerbils & a rat but never rabbits :)

My first rabbit was Honey, a slightly older doe from a pet shop. I say slightly older because she was definitely old enough to be sexually mature - she surprised us a few days after coming home by producing a litter of four beautiful baby buns, all of which stayed with us. I must have been about 11.

I was lucky because when I was growing up though my mum used to run a guinea pig rescue and we had enough space for the rabbits to have their own 6ft x 6ft enclosure, unusual in those days.

We also had rabbits left at the rescue from time to time - although my mums passion was guinea pigs, people would dump rabbit and pig pairs on the doorstep, or just rabbits. One of those, Dandelion, was truly crazy . Everytime I read Angie's stories about Calel I think of Dandelion :lol:

I didn't get my 'own' rabbit until October last year, when fluffball Vincent came to live with me. I was 25 then (just had a birthday!).

I was 8 when i got my first bunny. She was a beautiful orange Dutch called " Christine" & i loved her dearly.
She passed away when she was 6 after a series of strokes, on Christmas Eve. :cry:

I`ve had bunnies pretty much since then.

Su.x

I think I was 10. My first rabbit was a nethie called Biffo. She was gorgeous, really gentle, but died too young in an accident which I've never forgiven myself for. :cry:

I have always lived on a smallholding with lots of animals, and when I was born my family already had three black spotted English rabbits, who were rather lovely, I can remember watching and smoothing them and thinking they were the most wonderful creatures under the sun. After nature took it's sad course we never adopted any more because my Grandad became ill and we had to take care of him longterm.

When I was around thirteen we moved house and acquired a pair of unwanted guinea pigs (one of which was already pregnant :roll:) this in turn evolved into a colony [seperated into groups-don't worry :lol:] of about 15 at one point, which were either the originals or other unwanted ones, that people brought to us. Luckilly we live in the country so we had lots of space. When the last of the piggies passed away we decided to have a break from what was quite an emotional practice.

But then last year [a couple of decades on from the three English] I fell in love and ultimately adopted Remus. So I guess he is the first bunny I've had sole responsibility for.

We had a rabbit when I was younger, I think I was about 11. But it was more my sisters rabbit and I wasnt really interested in them at that time. So I was 21 when I got my first bunny :D

always wanted one as a child, but we had a dog instead. So the minute I moved out I got one bunny, then another one to keep him company. This was 15 years ago and I have had 2/3 bunnies ever since - not giving them up for no-one or nothing!!! :lol:

Back