• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit whisperer

Oh thats disappointing Ive thought about getting it but if its not good then I wont bother, I will wait till it turns up in a book shop for £1!!

Funnily enough, when it first came out, I saw Ingrid Tarrant on the This Morning programme and, frankly, she seemed clueless about rabbits!!! I was very unimpressed!!! I imagine it would be a complete and utter waste of money!!! She seemed to know far less than I did myself!!! :evil:

Lizzie said:
Funnily enough, when it first came out, I saw Ingrid Tarrant on the This Morning programme and, frankly, she seemed clueless about rabbits!!! I was very unimpressed!!! I imagine it would be a complete and utter waste of money!!! She seemed to know far less than I did myself!!! :evil:

She doesnt even say much in it!! :roll: Its just "celebs" with buns, half of them are exactly like the rest of us .. clueless! :roll: X

As much as I like Ingrid I was disappointed with the book too. Worst bit comes from Andrew Castle - it breaks my heart reading his tale of how he and his kids were just unable to cope with two lop eared rabbits who 'for some reason just stopped being cute' and ended up giving them away.

Unbelievable!!!!

chubbina said:
As much as I like Ingrid I was disappointed with the book too. Worst bit comes from Andrew Castle - it breaks my heart reading his tale of how he and his kids were just unable to cope with two lop eared rabbits who 'for some reason just stopped being cute' and ended up giving them away.

Unbelievable!!!!

That is terrible!Never heard of the book but i don't think i want to read it now.... :oops: :( .How can a rabbit just stop being cute?! :evil: :evil: :cry:

Ax

smokiemisty said:
Oh thats disappointing Ive thought about getting it but if its not good then I wont bother, I will wait till it turns up in a book shop for £1!!

I'll stick mine in the post for you to have a read of if you like? :) X

Yep I got it, managed to find a copy for £4.99. It's ok, nothing special and nothing I didn't already know. To be honest I think you learn much more from RU.
xx

I thought it was rubbish!! I got it out from the library and it was just simple advice and mainly her rambling on about how famous she was in the 'rabbit world' and other famous people she knows!

Plus i saw her on the This Morning Show and she takes her rabbit with her in the car to take her kids to school, it sits on the parcel shelf of the car and she sped off and the bunny almost flew off!! she's abit dim and stoopid!!

I personally think if you want to read the library is the only way to go :lol:

gladi didnt ask for it for me bday last year then..i must admit when i read she had only ever keot one rabbit at a time..i thought..mmm how ycan you give ad vice on bonding etc..and if your going to name drop etc..whats the point..

im glad i got "living with a house rabbit by linda dykes
and for me bday las year i got the house rabbit handbook by marinell harriman

i have the rabbitlopeadia but felt it was more geared to shoing breeding buns..prefer to come here for health advice or surf net!

but the 2 above books along with the one by carolina james(my very first bun book i bought ) are the best ive found. no mention of celebs there! :lol:

purplebumble said:
gladi didnt ask for it for me bday last year then..i must admit when i read she had only ever keot one rabbit at a time..i thought..mmm how ycan you give ad vice on bonding etc..and if your going to name drop etc..whats the point..

im glad i got "living with a house rabbit by linda dykes
and for me bday las year i got the house rabbit handbook by marinell harriman

i have the rabbitlopeadia but felt it was more geared to shoing breeding buns..prefer to come here for health advice or surf net!

but the 2 above books along with the one by carolina james(my very first bun book i bought ) are the best ive found. no mention of celebs there! :lol:

I got the rabbitlopedia for my birthday last week and although it's good, I thought the same as you about it being more for breeders or people who want to show buns. Particularly the use of the phrase 'the stock' in the rabbitlopedia to describe a rabbit or group of rabbits is distasteful, imo. I much prefer 'your rabbit'! :D

I was very disssapointed in it...some of the celeb reviews offered very por advice which i would hate to think of a new owner following. The actual info was very much as i had read in other books, I could pinpoint whole scentances which had been lifted :?

Just done a search for The Rabbit Whisperer book by Ingrid Tarrant on the forum, spotted it in the library on Friday so brought it home - not totally impressed with it - seems to catch on to the 'whispering' theme ie. horses, dogs, whatever - haven't actually read anything about that at the moment. I think the celebrity bits detract from it actually - Toyah Wilcox's isn't too great.

Don't think it will be up for renewal!

Back