• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds vs hutches vs indoor buns... what do you have?

What type of accomodation do you have for your buns?

• Shed with separate run

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shed with attached run

• Hutch and separate run

• Hutch and attached run

• Other

• Total voters

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Hang on to your seats... I'm going to try a poll! :lol:

Following on from my shed vs hutch and attached run thread, I spent part of this afternoon day dreaming and looking at fab walk in kennels and sheds for Jen :love: This set me thinking that it would be interesting to see what proportion of us have shed set ups vs hutches vs house bunnies, etc.

I think it'll be interesting - I'm particularly curious to see what the indoor to outdoor bunny ratio is!

( If you have one than one of the option listed, either choose 'multiple' or choose the main setup you have please :thumb: )

I voted 'Other' as my Buns live in my house which has been converted to accomodate numerous Bunny Pens. So they are 'indoors' but my house is not really a house !! :lol: :lol:

Janex

I have a shed/enclosure which is open 24/7(unless its very cold) for the 2 outdoor buns and i also have my housebun bertie :D

I have a hutch and a separate run, but might get the hutch which is mentioned in the other thread, with a big run underneath.

I can`t work out how to vote! :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As i have 4 different types of setup!

Shed with attatched run
Playhouse with seperate run
Hutches with seperate runs
& am soon getting a hutch & run combo!

But my preference would to be to have all my bunnies in playhouses with attatched runs. :D

Su.x

I have a house bunny and outdoor in hutch and run combos and some in a shed :p Eventually I will have shed and run combo for the ones outside (once I move and have a bigger garden! I prefer to have them indoors though :p

Mine is in a hutch with run attached, others are house buns at mo but will all end up in he hutch this summer :D

I put Shed with run, but its not at the mo, but will be when its finished, very soon :D :D :D :D

The outside buns are in enclosures.

Squidgy has a double hutch inside, but he only sleeps in it.

i have a hutch with free run of our patio as he wishes unless weather is very bad and shut in when its dark in case of nastys. i would love to get a shed and attached run, then i could get a girly bun for Buzz, but i wouldnt want to cut down on the space he already has, so its going to be dfficult to get something of a decent size and be able to afford it and still ahve a garden left for the guineas!

In the ideal world I would have indoor buns as my first option, if this was not possible I would go for a shed / playhouse with an attatched run and as my last option would be a hutch with run.

I am not in the ideal world and keeping a continous stream of buns indoors would not be a practical idea, my garden already has a large piggie house in it and I could not manage to put up another 5 sheds in the garden, therefore I have no other option but to have hutches with a shared run :cry: :oops:

All 6 of mine are house bunnies!
Moonshine and Flopsy free range in the dining room, with a dog crate.
Billy is also in the dining room in a 2 tier hutch and has free time in our bedroom.
Smudge and Dudley free range in the spare bedroom, with an indoor cage.
And Emily is free range in the front room, with a dog crate.

I'm not house proud :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't have it any other way though. I just can't get any more now (not house buns anyway ;) ) there's no room!!!

Tracie, won't your OH let Jen be a house bunny??

Nicola

I want them to be indoors but my parents won't allow it :(

So I have to make do with their playhouse, it's big and they have a second floor which my dad added on. :) They have a separate run, but my dad has been promising for nearly a year now :shock: :roll: to build them a new run that can be attached to the house, hopefully he'll get it done when the weather gets better. :D

I am going for something similar for my next pair that i'll be getting around May hopefully :) , a playhouse with attached run (if he will attach it!)

We have everything :lol:

We are buidling every different sort of set up we can think of so that when people come and visit they can see examples of as many as possible different ways to keep rabbits so that they can choose what best suits the space they have available.

We have lots of pens in the big shed, we will have two sheds that will house two groups of rabbits each, each with their own attached run, we have hutch run combinations, we have huge enclosures with hutches in them, we have dog crates and a huge Ferplast cage to show indoor options, as well as grids for the piggies, and we are building a massive aviary as that is another great option.

Anyone have time to help us get these built :?: We need help, it is a huge project :?

I have various, some with hutches with seperate runs (they were donations to the rescue) Which I am slowly replacing.
I have one Hutch with run attached. and I have Holly who is a house bun.

I would love to have a few sheds...but I havent got the space

Nicola.. no, OH isn't a big fan of house bunnies. Actually, I tell a lie, we had a bunny visitor here for a while who was as good as gold indoors and I think he might have convinced him! :lol: Jen, however, is a holy terror - even recovering from her spay she managed to spend all night shaking her jingle ball and when free range I only had to turn my back for a minute to find nibbles in the skirting board OH had put in the week previous :oops:

Looks like outdoor buns are just pipping indoor buns in the poll (counting shed and hutch bunnies together). I'm suprised at how many shed and run combos there are! :D

i've got playhouses which in a few weeks will have runs attched. they get free run of the garden whenever i'm home and when it's not too cold the door is always open and they love to come in :D

I have a shed, with a separate run at present, but may be looking at a way to convert it so that it is all attached. However, my buns come indoors when i get home from work and have free run of the house in the winter months, then I put them in the shed before I go to bed. Would love to have them indoors all the time, but don't think o/h would allow it judging by the mess they make when they come in!! :lol: One of them was litter trained, but now she has a boyfriend, it seems to have been forgotten - despite numerous hay filled trays around!!

I have hutches with runs attached, they have access to the runs 24/7 unless the weather is very bad. Beau is free range in my room at the moment but will be joining Buu outside once he is better :D

When me and Kelvin move out though I would love to have them in sheds with attached runs. And Im trying to convince him that we need to have a bunny room so I can rescue some more :lol:

Back