• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone have this hutch?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Massive-Rabbi...hZ015QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

its a beast isnt it! now the nice weather will soon be on the way i will be moving harvey out of the shed and getting him a new hutch/run combination for outside. also will need room for 2 as harvey is getting deplummed on friday so give it afew weeks and he maybe in lurveeeeee!
just wanted to know if anyone has this hutch and if its any good. ive heard good reviews about happy hutch but just wondered about the hutch itself
Kirsty x

I think `Sillyrabbit` has just got one of those & thoroughly reccommended it. :D
I`m hoping to get one for my next 2 additions.

Su.x

Spacegirl has one. I want one. :D

I saw one when I did a homecheck, it is really nice and spacious, and both hutch and run have a good height.

Morrigan1981 said:
This is the hutch I wished I had brought, if that helps :lol:

Sorry, bit off topic, but when do you say "bought" and when do you say "brought" ? I have seen "brought" in many sentences where I would have used "bought". What is the difference?

Bavarian Bunny said:
Morrigan1981 said:

Sorry, bit off topic, but when do you say "bought" and when do you say "brought" ? I have seen "brought" in many sentences where I would have used "bought". What is the difference?

As far as I understand it, 'brought' is the past tense of 'bring' and 'bought' is used to mean 'purchased'. However many people - me included :oops: - tend to use them interchangeably. It's just sloppy colloquial English.

I imagine that when you have seen sentences where you've thought that the writer should have said 'bought' rather than 'brought' you've been in the right! ;)

:? My only concern with this hutch is its only made from 6mm ply apart from the floor. It would be great for summer, but not warm in winter and may not last very long. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Diane

i was thinking of getting it but what i was going to do with it was cover the door back and 2 side in ship lap for more insulation

Bavarian Bunny said:
Morrigan1981 said:

Bought means you paid for it; "I bought this in the sales"
and brought means it came with you; you physically transported it, "I brought this from my house"
:wink:

And yes, I have two of those hutch/runs and I'm very pleased with them - great value.

Bavarian Bunny said:
Morrigan1981 said:

Think of "bring" and "buy".

"Bring" has an "r" in it and its past tense is "brought" which also has an "r" in it.

"Buy" does not have an "r" in it and its past tense is "bought" which also does not have an "r" in it.

:wink:

These two words are commonly mixed up by people who should know better!

ryan said:
i was thinking of getting it but what i was going to do with it was cover the door back and 2 side in ship lap for more insulation

:D Great minds think alike, that was my idea as well !! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Diane

I do!! Its great. Trip and Scarlett love it and it was really easy to build :D And it arrived real quick, Im in Jersey and it was here in 2 days :D I just ordered another hutch from there.

Here are some pics with bunnies and stuff in so you can see how big it is :D

000_0862.jpg

000_0902.jpg

000_0885.jpg

000_0886.jpg

Looks good. I can see all the Hay Experts treats there! :lol: How did you do the paving? Did you put the slabs directly onto the earth or did you put some gravel underneath?

I just dug up the grass and put the paving slabs down onto the earth :lol: It took ages to get it level enough for the hutch to go on! I had to keep lifting them up and digging more! Its only temporary though, my dads friend is coming round in March to lift them and put them down properly with the sand and stuff underneath :D

I have that 1, but the next size down (4ft x 18 x 18 hutch, with 4ft x 4ft x 2ft run) and I love it, in summer the boys can have permanent access to the run, in summer I jst shut them in at night. In winter I use plenty of bedding, put a fleece blanket over the doors, then a tarpauline over that, and on colder nights a put a snuggle safe in, and my 2 have always been cosy & warm. To be honest I do wish I had bought the bigger 1.

I emailed them a while ago and asked why the 6ft one was now in ply whilst the 4ft was in shiplap and they said it was better for a larger hutch to be made in ply :?

Personally I think they changed it as it's cheaper to make and easier to transport. That's what is stopping me get it, I don't like the material used.

I do like the hutches made by this person but they're much more money

http://www.vbhutches.co.uk

I might get the happy hutch one but ensure it's protected from the weather more

I am sure it's about the costs. I have the Happy Hutch in 6 ft, but with no run underneath, and all the sides are made in shiplap, so why can't the one with the run be made in the same style? One of the shiplap pieces got damaged during transport, but that just means they need to wrap the hutches a bit better. Or find a courier with careful drivers. :lol:

loving the photos! it does look rather great!
whats the difference if its ply or shiplap? abit dumb when it comes to stuff like that so i have no idea :lol:

Back