• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What bunny breed was he?

Harley

Young Bun
My first rabbit Harley was white with black eyes and a brown thin stripe going down his back. Does anyone know what breed he was? I have never been very knowledgeable about all the different breeds there are :oops: .
He was a really special rabbit and would sit on my lap watching TV with me in the evenings and lick me to death.

Sounds like he may have been a mis-marked English Spot, they have a stripe down their spine, be better with a pic if you've got one though :D

I can't post pics at the moment as I don't have the equipment you need to be able to post pics. It sounds like he could be a mis marked English Spot.
I agree It would be much easier if there was a picture to go by :D !

My bun Adele is an English spot cross and has three spots down her spine and circles round her eyes.

This is a "proper" english spot:

rabbit_english.jpg

Caz

Anything like this?

000_0012.jpg

bunsnewhouse008.jpg

I have never found out for sure what Snowy is. I was told she was a cross.

Her left eye is totallly black around it. She also has blue eyes.

Thanks for posting the lovely bunny pics.
I am a little more confused now! as he didn't have any spots - just the one thin brown strip down his back :? Could he still be a mis marked English Spot :?
I guess the one he looked most like was the photo you posted Justine, but without the black round his eye.

Adele is an English spot cross and she just has colouration round her eyes and down her spine - hers happens to be three brown spots instead of a stripe, she also has some on her ears.

On this thread is a pic of her and her litter mates:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17426

Hotots also have colouration round their eyes but none elsewhere - these are generally a more US breed though.

Caz

Back