• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Anyone know anything about Genetrix panacur?

not heard of that one but you could get a blue peter badge if you add fennel to panacur paste :wink: :lol: :lol:

you would need a variety of them though

Female menapause genetrix panacur
male slowdown testosterone genetrix panacur
Teenage ASBO genetrix panacur

and one for the vets

'oh know its her again' be nice genetrix panacur :wink: :lol: or in other words, I cannot wait for a drink after today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm..... well it was our vet who mentioned it, so maybe it's only just on the market.

Oh and Denny.....
23.gif
:lol:

There is a version of Panacur that has just been licensed for rabbits, according to my vet, is this what you're talking about? However I'm a bit annoyed because he said the dosage is once a day over NINE consecutive days (yes NINE), when before I was using the dog/cat one and it was only over 5 days (which is bad enough). And he's told me to worm them all twice a year... which is a total of 72 days of panacur if I did them all one after the other!! Crazy. b-m

bunny-mad said:
There is a version of Panacur that has just been licensed for rabbits, according to my vet, is this what you're talking about? However I'm a bit annoyed because he said the dosage is once a day over NINE consecutive days (yes NINE), when before I was using the dog/cat one and it was only over 5 days (which is bad enough). And he's told me to worm them all twice a year... which is a total of 72 days of panacur if I did them all one after the other!! Crazy. b-m

Panacur RABBIT is an oral paste that you give for 9 days. It is used in the CONTROL of Encephalitizoon Cunnculi (EC) NOT the treatment of active infection.

http://www.intervet.co.uk/products_public/panacur_rabbit/010_overview.asp

Janex :)

bunny-mad said:
There is a version of Panacur that has just been licensed for rabbits, according to my vet, is this what you're talking about?

Nope it's not that one, this one is also licenced for rabbits but it's made by a different company.

Jack's-Jane said:
bunny-mad said:

Panacur RABBIT is an oral paste that you give for 9 days. It is used in the CONTROL of Encephalitizoon Cunnculi (EC) NOT the treatment of active infection.

http://www.intervet.co.uk/products_public/panacur_rabbit/010_overview.asp

Janex :)

sorry I don't understand Jane. This link looks like exactly what my vet was talking about. He has not advised I give it for EC, it is for worming. b-m

bunnyhuggger said:
bunny-mad said:
There is a version of Panacur that has just been licensed for rabbits, according to my vet, is this what you're talking about?

Nope it's not that one, this one is also licenced for rabbits but it's made by a different company.

Oh ok! Just wondering :)

is the horse one ok on bunnies then jane? i know a lot of horse meds seem to be ok for bunns must be similar gut thing iguess.

Im ringing to get bertie in for his myxi booster..and im going to get the 28 day course panacur for himn bif or ask if she can have another blood tests to see if the percentage of Ec in her blood has changed.

ihave the free sample given to me on bertries mot.the one that costs about a fiver..

genetrix bring out stuff before its wella dvertised..i can still remeber my old bun vet years ago being the only vet who knew of the spot on drops for buns..my kibles was one of the first in the area to have it! guess it depends on your area where they distribute it etc..weird isnt it..

Back