• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber has a ring on her back leg

Kezza30

Warren Veteran
When bathing Amber in the mite shampoo my brother noticed one of those metal rings with numbers on, which i never saw before since i got her 2 weeks ago :shock: Is it a breeder or show ring and is there away that it can be taken off :?

amber has a ring on her leg

Hi kezza :) not sure if your interested bUT if you look at ambers ring you will see letters and numbers on it :) this is the breeders number and date of birth of your bunny :)
If you contact the BRC (british rabbit council) they will be able to tell you who bred your bunny :) you can then contact them and find out about her breeding :)
I have done this and got rewarded with an invitation to visit the breeder and spent a very nice day with her being shown around her rabbitry (she bred for showing) and i really learned a lot from her :)

I've already met the breeder who i got her from. She was actually very nice, told me alot of good stuff and even made sure i knew what age was right to seperate mother and babies as she told me some breeders will seperate them earler than should. I learned a good deal form her but she never told me about the ring even though she said she does show her rabbits but she was doing the lionlops now. I'm goin gto go have a look now :D

Edit: ok never mind, shes freaking out and i can't get a look. She's a very skittish rabbit so it's really hard.

Re: amber has a ring on her leg

rabshan said:
Hi kezza :) not sure if your interested bUT if you look at ambers ring you will see letters and numbers on it :) this is the breeders number and date of birth of your bunny :)
If you contact the BRC (british rabbit council) they will be able to tell you who bred your bunny :) you can then contact them and find out about her breeding :)
I have done this and got rewarded with an invitation to visit the breeder and spent a very nice day with her being shown around her rabbitry (she bred for showing) and i really learned a lot from her :)

I asked the BRC and they refused to tell me the name of the breeder when Cosmos came with his ring! Only available to other BRC members apparently.

Caz

Oli had a ring when I got him, I did have it taken off but as long as it's not rubbing or too tight then it should not be a problem. b-m

I on't know if it's rubbing as i can't get a hold of her, poor thing don't like to be stroked much at all. I'm going to ask to take it off for safe keeping. Unfortunatly i can't keep her and my sister doesn't look like she's taking her after all, lives in a right dodgy area :( Looks like she's going to be needing a new home and i've already become so attached to them all :(

Back