• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patch has lost his bits!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
And, poor boy, the vet said they were not very big :lol:
He is doing extremely well and eating as usual. Seems a lot easier than a spey - I can hardly notice any difference in him
How long do people wait after a neuter before bonding with a speyed female? :D

I used to wait the full 6 wks, even when the female was already spayed. But then read that some rescues felt it could be successfully done after 2.
I bonded Kahlo with Speckle 3 wks post Kahlo`s de-plum with no probs at all. :D

Su.x

Jen and Harley bonded about a month after he was neutered and about three weeks after her spay. They paired up with no problems. Harley did continue to try and hump Jen for a few days after they were introduced but then he gave up and they were real love buns :D

Aw glad it went ok.

Well i asked this on here after Rowan was done and was told the same as what the vet had said- about 2 weeks to allow time for the op site to heal.

So I put them together after 14 days and they bonded fine...although admittedly they did have a fight at first and I wondered if it was because he was still hormomal....i would still do 2 weeks again though :)

So pleased Patch is fine after his op :D Louis bounced back quickly too. Sending Patch nose rubs xxx

My boy Archie was 'done' today too. Just off to get him now. I am hoping only to wait 2 weeks before bonding :shock: :D God I hope it works

Fiona x

Why cant you bond them once he has healed? If she is spayed (unless that was recent) she cant get pregnant? Or will the Doe still get a little aggressive because she an smell his hormones.... :?

Well that was my question really, how long does it take for them to heal. :D
My doe is speyed but I think some people want to wait until the hormones die down to make the bonding prosess easier. I guess it just depends on individuals :D

I usually give them a couple of weeks if female is spayed & both buns are healed :D A re-introduction - I've done it at 10 days before

Back