• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Smokey has been castrated bless him

He went to be castrated yesterday and when I collected him they said they had never seen such huge man bits :oops: :oops: They have said they hope the excess skin will retract in time as they couldn't remove all of it, but I've had a look and there is hardly anything there anyway. They gave me a bottle of bayril to bring home, which they haven't done with my other buns, but they said it's just in case as it was a long operation and big scar, as err his huge bits :oops:

Aww, dear of him. I was charged for extra painkillers when my two cats were done for the same reason, we had a bit of a giggle in the vets as the rather shy receptionist tried to explained it :oops: :lol:

He is feling a lot better thank you. He is runnig around and giving me bunny kisses, he sat on my chest all last night and everytime I movd he moved higher to my face to give me kisses. He is so good with me giving him his meds.

smokiemisty said:
He is feling a lot better thank you. He is runnig around and giving me bunny kisses, he sat on my chest all last night and everytime I movd he moved higher to my face to give me kisses. He is so good with me giving him his meds.

Have you any tips on giving meds PLEASE!!!!!!!

Glad he is feeling better :D :D :D

Ali said:
smokiemisty said:

Hold him on my lap with his bum facing my stomach so he cant go backwards, then hold his mouth area in my left hand then with my right lightly lift the lips with the syringe and enter the mouth just past the tongue then release th meds so it doesnt come back up again.

smokiemisty said:
Ali said:
smokiemisty said:

Hold him on my lap with his bum facing my stomach so he cant go backwards, then hold his mouth area in my left hand then with my right lightly lift the lips with the syringe and enter the mouth just past the tongue then release th meds so it doesnt come back up again.

Yeh right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali said:
smokiemisty said:
Ali said:
smokiemisty said:

Yeh right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is benji not such a good patient then :lol: :lol:

He is fine but the vet said today he needs to have the science recovery, untill Monday!!!!
i've tried always and he wont have it!!!!!

He is eating normaly, but the vet said today still try to give m
him the recovery today and over the weekend

Back